shape
carat
color
clarity

Seasonal Allergies & Wedding Date

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
I've been sneezing and miserable since I returned back to Nashville yesterday. This morning I found some Zyrtec out of my medicine drawer and immediately took it. Still I sniffled, fought a runny nose and felt tired all day.

We're talking about an April 2010 date in New Jersey, but now I'm afraid of an allergy attack. My fiance suffers allergies in the spring time too and he lives in New York.

If I wake up in the morning and I can feel my allergies in my nose, no medication will make it go away until my body naturally fights it off a few days later. My symptoms used to be worse and year round when I was younger and nothing used to help - prescriptions, OTC meds, shots - nothing. Thankfully moving around the US the last 5 years has improved things and now it only happens occasionally.

Any advice? Should I forgo an April date because of a possible allergy attack? Does anyone know of a last-minute medical remedy I can pump/shoot myself full of to prevent this runny nose misery on the big day?

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
As I read my own thread I can see how absurd this sounds yet how much it worries me. I am recording this as my first official bridezilla moment.
2.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
No worries, just one rec. Since any anti-histamine will make you feel drowsy it is best to take the Zyrtec at night, before you go to bed. I just learned this, and it has made a huge difference for me.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
I have terrible seasonal allergies, and I am getting married outside in Mississippi this May.

And this thought JUST NOW OCCURRED TO ME. Crapdangit.

Hope someone has a solution, as I don''t really have a medicine that works for me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results