shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching for opal and diamond jewelry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katbadness

Shiny_Rock

I need help looking for an opal and diamond piece for a birthday gift.

I'm open to choices, though I really hope to end up with a bracelet/bangle (in wg or yg i.e. not silver).
My price range is <$700.
I'm also not set on what type of opal it needs to be (doublet, triplet, black or white, though I think black of any kind is prettier).

I prefer to work with US stores that has the item in stock - ready to ship.
Unfortunately the birthday is looming near and the recipient is located in the US, so I'd love to be able to purchase the item and get it sent directly.
Googling about, so far this is the only online place I found that shows decent designs with opal + diamonds in it
(some w. tanzanites):
http://www.allejewelry.com/searchresults2.cfm?startrow=1&i=1&prodid=opal&sort=DESC

Do you guys know of any other (online) places that I can find opal jewelery items within the criterias I'm looking for?

Thank you much in advance.

** revised my criteria as I realized black opal + diamond set in plat will definitely be OUT of my price range
9.gif
(thanks for that Georg
5.gif
!] **

Georg

Rough_Rock
Hi Katbadness,...

Sounds like you may be few dollars short if you wanted platinum bracelet with black opals and diamonds!,..
Unless you find someone willing to pay you to take it !,.. If you know what I mean,..

I think you have a better chance for black opal doublet or triplet and 14K Gold bracelet from one of large chain stores . I have seen one like it at Costco some time ago
Costco is usualy cost + 10%
George

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bit back in grad school I used to temper coursework frustration shopping the net from the university library... so places like Firebirdgems and Opalopal and Opalhut came in handy. There's lots of paperweight material (ok, koroit must be the most fun of paperweights!) fun stuff and the ocasional serious piece worth certification and appraisal and what not.

It's been a while
12.gif

These guys are all about loose stones, but thought I'd mention
2.gif

Anyway, not sure how much safer opal can et on a bracelet than opal inlay. Looks great too... in anything.

There are a couple of pieces at acstones (at leats I know them), including these crystal opal half hoops:

OP-4284J.jpg

You may want to try them for options, I do not know who makes these.

A bit back, ColordGemstoneNut mentioned a shop making opal and gem inlay : this one some of the pieces are spectacular and perhaps a call might bring up the right item.

Opal doesn't seem to get into bracelets that often - perhaps being hard to match and relatively brittle doesn't help. There are exceptions, sure that. Hope someone brings up some.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results