shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching for great designer...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

baguettel

Rough_Rock
I am thinking of having a diamond ring designed and I am wondering if anyone our there knows of any reputable custom designers in the City of Vancouver? I am run across a few skeptical ones already and want to be very careful.

Veronika

Shiny_Rock
Birks...does do custom work...and they have a terrific reputation. The best in Vancouver! Good luck with your ring...keep us posted!

baguettel

Rough_Rock
I agree with you, Birk's is good, but their prices are astronomical. I am looking to purchase a large centre stone, so it is just not the cost of having the ring made. Their prices for loose stones are approx. $15,000 - 20,000 CDN more than other well-known jewellers in Vancouver.

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I've PM'ed you....

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... this would be a question for Leonid if anyone
1.gif

Some time ago, he mentioned a Canadian designer with awesome thigs on display (Linda Penwarden). Not exactly a matching address though...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought the comparison was cool
1.gif

LPR.JPG

baguettel

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your replies. I am really looking for a jeweller I can trust where I can buy a large loose diamond and have them do a very unique custom design as well. It seems from Britton's website that they don't mention custom design? Does anyone know of a good jewellery store where they have great prices on diamonds and have the ability to design a great ring as well? What can I say, I want it all - ha ha.

Veronika

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm It's funny that everyone seems to think that the prices at birks are astronomical. I've had a very different experience......whilst searching for my engagement ring...I did find that everyone was cheaper but....if I wanted an ideal cut, diamond than the prices jumped to match those prices at Birks. Evan the ideal cut diamonds at Sears were the same price as the ideal cut from Birks, this included Spence as well! Once I saw the prices were the same at Sears.....I thought I might as well go with Birks!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I know of one fellow Canadian who dealt with Britton for his stone/ER ring and is very happy. (a PS member also)

Have you tried Vancouver Jewellers in West Van? They have a wonderful website and are brokers of diamonds (they publish lists and what they have in stock on their site). The jeweller (Davison, of Davidson Designs) is, apparently, an award winner.

BTW, I went shopping with my friend who was getting engaged and not only did Birks' prices send us running out the door, but the young sales person was arrogant, unknowledgable and downright rude. My friend and I were aghast. She did much better at an independant. Good luck.

Cheers

Sharon

konahot64

Rough_Rock
sorry, post removed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results