shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching for diamond studs - help appreciated!

Mina-Lo

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

I am a long time lurker and am finally in a position to purchase my very own diamond studs. However, I just realised I may have underestimated how much they are going to cost, and this is really a call to all the lovely experienced Pricescopers out there to help me find me the cheapest diamond studs at the best price...

I am looking for -
- a pair of round diamond studs
- as high a carat as possible (I'm aiming for at least 50 pointers each if I can)
- up to a H-I colour
- clarity as low as SI1
- I'd like excellent cut, my engagement ring has excellent cut, but not symmetry and polish and it still bugs me!
- minimum flourescence

My engagement ring is a 90. point round brilliant diamond in a cushion-shaped halo with milgrain (quite a dainty/antique look). Ideally I wanted halo studs, but I don't think my budget will extend that far.

I have around $3000 Australian to spend - is this going to be impossible for the setting + diamonds?

I have looked at Blue Nile and I like their halo studs, but the cut/clarity worries me. Also, I'm guessing it will just be cheaper to get a simple setting rather than a halo?

I'm not very experienced with diamonds and wanted to get the best looking/performing diamonds I can, I thought my best bet would be to ask some experts as I'm sure you could do a lot better than I can!

Can anyone please suggest any diamonds/settings? Or this a futile exercise with my current budget? Is it safe to order from a US site and get them shipped to Australia?

Thanks in advance- can't wait to see what goodies you unearth!

Mina

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I would definitely go with basic studs now (in 3, 4, or 8-prong settings) and get jackets later to dress them up, as DS suggested. I like the 2 JA stones she suggested as well!

Mina-Lo

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for your responses- I love all the suggestions. Is I color too low? Will it be noticeable?

Does James Allen have an upgrade policy? I think blue nile do, I guess this is something to consider- I want to leave my options open for the future.

Thanks for the jackets suggestion- I think having a permanent halo would be a little too much for everyday wear, but I love the idea of dressing up the studs with the jackets, as long as they fit correctly.

I will put this topic in the Rockytalky section.

Thanks for your help :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you have to spend double at James Allen to upgrade and Blue Nile has some conditions as well. Read those carefully. The best upgrade policies are at vendors such as WhiteFlash and Good Old Gold who allow your total price of the diamonds to go toward new diamonds of any price above the originals (but not the settings).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results