shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching for a blue sapphire

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love: Gorgeous color! Sapphire is my birthstone and I eventually want a blue one (I bought a padparadscha recently). This is the exact color blue that I want. So, so pretty! The cut looks amazing, too.

Oh my... a Pad is sooo divine! :love::love::love: I have that on my wish list and it was so hard not to get side tracked from my blue sapphire search.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooh, it’s so glowy!!:love:

I was also surprised by its glow... I must have looked at hundreds of stones indoors and out, and only a small subset had this quality. It was definitely worth going through all them to find this one.

That color is what I would want if I had the resources to buy a sapphire. Its really beautiful, lively, and the overall color is perfect. It's always so wonderful to see people here wait and find the best stone rather than just buy, I know it's hard because I have bought jewelry that I later regretted because I 'wanted' it right then! I cannot wait to see what you will be with your beautiful sapphire!

Thank you @Tekate! I have to admit, I'm not known for my patience, so the wait was difficult! lol However, you're exactly right about rushing too much and running the risk of regretting it later. I think I have finally struck a better balance of satisfying my desire to have it now with allowing myself the opportunity to understand and find what I will love for the long run. I'm definitely learning this is so critical with colored stones where there is such variability in range and depth of color.

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you ladies, for your kind words! I can't wait for the stone to be delivered so I can get serious on figuring out how it will be set. Would love any suggestions... the only things I know for certain is I want it in yellow gold and to have a vintage/antique look. Otherwise, I keep vacillating between three stone, solitaire and halo designs. So I'm basically wide open and all over the place. :lol:

Your sapphire is beautiful! :kiss2: I have one similar but a bit smaller at 7mm round. I love your idea of it being set in yellow gold. I’ve been quite fond of the blues set in yellow gold that I’ve been seeing around here lately.

When I get to setting mine, it will be in platinum and I too am looking for an antique/vintage look. Someone suggested this setting and I loved it right away, so it’s probably what I’ll do for mine and maybe something that might interest you.

9A0771DD-14EA-4942-ACEA-022EEE8A4697.jpeg

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your sapphire is beautiful! :kiss2: I have one similar but a bit smaller at 7mm round. I love your idea of it being set in yellow gold. I’ve been quite fond of the blues set in yellow gold that I’ve been seeing around here lately.

When I get to setting mine, it will be in platinum and I too am looking for an antique/vintage look. Someone suggested this setting and I loved it right away, so it’s probably what I’ll do for mine and maybe something that might interest you.

9A0771DD-14EA-4942-ACEA-022EEE8A4697.jpeg

Thank you @LittleRed! I swoon over how yellow gold makes blue stones pop... however, I’m also a big fan of platinum. Perhaps I’ll see where the design lands and make the final choice then.

I love the setting you’ve chosen for your ring! The mix cuts on the side stones make it especially interesting. I hope you won’t mind if I add this to my inspiration folder - it’s definintely one I’d like to consider.

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you @LittleRed! I swoon over how yellow gold makes blue stones pop... however, I’m also a big fan of platinum. Perhaps I’ll see where the design lands and make the final choice then.

I love the setting you’ve chosen for your ring! The mix cuts on the side stones make it especially interesting. I hope you won’t mind if I add this to my inspiration folder - it’s definintely one I’d like to consider.

Yellow gold sure does make blue pop, but you’re right, the style would dictate yellow gold or platinum.

Please do add it to your inspirations! It was suggested by LisaRN when I posted about my stone. I think it’s a beautiful setting.

I look forward to seeing what you decide.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
So fun getting to meet and hang with you and your daughter. Your new sapph is TDF!!! Can't wait to see how you set it and YG YG YG YAY!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much! I have to admit, I think the stone found me - it literally popped out among a sea of sapphire stones on display. Once I got it in my hands, I knew it was the one.

I *love* the color - it's what sealed it for me. I think there were some other stones cut from the same rough, so a close cousin should be available ;)2

Thanks @dkata! I don't believe the vendor is one of the recommended/approved ones listed on PS. They're SPB Creations based in New York.
That is a wonderfully gorgeous sapphire, congratulations!! :appl:

A FYI re SPB Creations/SPB Gems: they are a wholesaler in NYC and won't sell to us consumers. Which is why they, or any other "to the trade only" vendor, won't be on the "pinned" List of Vendors for Reference.
Sounds as if stonewell gained entree to the big trade show which just ended, JCK Las Vegas, and that's how she was able to snag this stone. So a PSer who is interested in her sapphire's sibling, or another offering from SPB, will need to use someone in the trade as an intermediary.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So fun getting to meet and hang with you and your daughter. Your new sapph is TDF!!! Can't wait to see how you set it and YG YG YG YAY!

Likewise!! We had a wonderful time with you too! Look forward to connecting again at a future gem show when it comes to the OC =)2

And yes, I’m still strongly in the YG camp for this project! lol

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a wonderfully gorgeous sapphire, congratulations!! :appl:

A FYI re SPB Creations/SPB Gems: they are a wholesaler in NYC and won't sell to us consumers. Which is why they, or any other "to the trade only" vendor, won't be on the "pinned" List of Vendors for Reference.
Sounds as if stonewell gained entree to the big trade show which just ended, JCK Las Vegas, and that's how she was able to snag this stone. So a PSer who is interested in her sapphire's sibling, or another offering from SPB, will need to use someone in the trade as an intermediary.

Thanks @MollyMalone! And good point about how to access gems from SPB. I also used the assistance of a jeweler and the stone is being sent to me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results