shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching for a 3-stone ER with channel set diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

uncleezno

Rough_Rock
My GF doesn''t know it yet, but I have my HPD stone already tucked away. I feigned interest in going shopping this past weekend, and we stopped in to Bailey, Banks and Biddle to casually look at some settings. She really liked a Scott Kay three-stone setting with channel set diamonds on the side. I must admit, it was beautiful, but the setting was nearly $4,000, and considering what I spent on the stone, I''m aiming for something more in the neighborhood of $2,000. Do any of you know of a ring that looks sort of like this, but goes for a bit less? She also doesn''t like a high cathedral; she seems to prefer something more flush. I don''t know if it''s doable, but I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks so much for the help!
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi uncle,

I''m not a setting expert, but I''ll give you a bump, amd make a suggestion. You could call Whiteflash and ask how much it would be to tweak this setting a bit.

uncleezno

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the bump and the suggestions. Ellen, the whiteflash one you listed looks good, I''ll see if they can set the center stone really low and add something to the sides. Part of the reason the setting needs to be flush is because she''s a surgeon, and I want it to interfere with her work as little as possible so that she doesn''t have to constantly take it on and off.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock

uncleezno

Rough_Rock
That''s the setting I linked to in my initial post; great minds, eh?
9.gif
I think the plat is more important than the sidestones, so if this isn''t doable then maybe I''ll look in to a platinum setting with just channel-set stones. As much as I love the champagne diamonds and pave, she didn''t really like them. Thanks again for all the help, guys!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Duh, I feel like a dope - I didn''t even look at the link you posted, I assumed it was to the Scott Kay you mentioned
emembarrassed.gif
When you described it, the JA ring was the first one that popped into my mind
emteeth.gif

uncleezno

Rough_Rock
I found a setting that might fit the bill, what do you guys think of it? There''s no information on the sidestones, which is kind of a bummer - the reason that the Scott Kay setting was so great was all the fire coming off the tiny channel-set stones. I do know that this is a reputable site on the board, though.

here it is

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results