shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching for 0.5 ct Trillion Cut Pink Diamond

rconnard

Rough_Rock
Hello,

My name is Ross and I am very happy to say that I’m about to pop the question. :clap:

I know exactly what kind of diamond I want, but I cannot find it anywhere.

I’m looking for a 0.5 ct. pink trillion cut diamond.

In weeks searching I’ve only seen two, and neither of them had great color.

I’ve found a number of cushion cut pink diamonds of the same size within my price-range, so I know I can afford it, but the trillion cut is quite uncommon.

So I’m wondering how difficult it would be to have a rough gemstone-grade diamond cut.

Is this absolutely crazy?

Where could I find the rough stone?

Who could cut it?

Why do I always have to do the most difficult thing? :eh:

Thank you guys so much for your understanding, knowledge, and time!

Warmly,
Ross

cm366

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ross, and congratulations! Your fiancee sounds like a wonderful and very lucky person ;-)

The short version is that there is no possibility whatsoever of finding a rough gemstone grade pink diamond with great colour that you could get cut. Anyone who promises to sell you one is at best misguided and at worst actively scamming you. Even if you happened to find one (and you're as likely to dig one up yourself as you are to find a real one on the Internet), there are few diamond cutters who work directly with the public, and cutting coloured diamonds is a subspecialized skill within that tightly knit profession.

What you could do, if you were sufficiently determined, is commission someone who has spent a lifetime building contacts and reputation in the diamond industry to guide you in purchasing a larger stone and getting it recut as the trillion/trilliant you have in mind.

The reason this is not commonly done is that the cost is high (that of the larger stone plus fees to the broker and cutter, shipping, insurance) and that there is significant risk of getting a stone with less impressive colour than the original larger piece (you're trimming away material to reshape it).

I'd strongly advise contacting a few reputable brokers of fancy coloured diamonds (I know Leibish, Reddiam and diamonds by lauren are regularly mentioned here) and asking them whether they might know of anything that might suit, or whether they'd consider contacting you if anything comes up...

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hey mate :wavey:
A proper pink trillion...good luck with that ;-) - also, you won't be able to find rough - and anyone offering you some is very dodgy and I'd suggest you stay well away.
What colour grades were the cushions you were looking at? Where are the stones from (i.e. Argyle)?
There's allot of junk out there claiming to be 'pink'...
For proper pink 1/2ct+ goods from Argyle you're looking at USD200k+
What's your budget?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe d.NEA makes trillions? I feel like a lab diamond is your best bet. Even then I'm not sure they do that shape.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's going to be a super long time before you come across a single pink trillion diamond. Getting several to choose from to get the right colour you want will be even longer. Getting the rough will be near impossible and a recut is extremely cost prohibitive.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you take a heart? I mean, that's a trillion with a cut out of it. Mich more likely to find a pink heart

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your upcoming engagement and I'm a big lover of pink diamonds!! But, may I ask why you're set on a trillion? It's a diamond for her to wear- does she like that particular cut? It's not an easy cut for a setting-unless you're looking at them as a pair for side diamonds. Is that an option? A center colorless diamond with pink trillions on either side?

As Neil suggested you could look for a heart and I have seen cleftless hearts which would be close to a trillion. Or possibly a fat pear if you like a softer triangle shape.

What shade of pink are you looking for and what's your budget?

I would contact Leibish as commented above. Are you in the US?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
.52 light brown pink
Lebish

_3428.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
.40 fancy light purplish pink
DBL
Change the setting to create more of a triangle shape

_3429.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
.81 fancy intense purplish pink frozen spit
Asteria

Never heard of this company before, other two I have & done business with.

Seeing pictures of what you like and dislike will help, as well as how willing you are to compromise on your goal.

Speaking with these vendors, is the best suggestion. It will give you more of an idea of what is available out there. Maybe even contact Perry Chen as well, but in any case be prepared to possibly be in for a wait, more so if you have rigid parameters.
Finding someone with legit rough available to cut for you will be sheer luck.

_3430.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results