shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching -cross between x prong, split shank and narrow pave band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rubybrierley

Rough_Rock
Now that I''m much closer to getting a cushion cut, I''m onto searching for the setting. I love the profile of the x prong...but not the face up look...I love Albicocca''s narrow Vera Wang band...but not so much the head...and I also like the split shank that Patience posted in another thread...so...does anyone know of a setting that may combine all 3? I''ve searched and searched and can find nothing and as you can see from here...I''m not explaining myself very well! Hope someone may be able to help.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
How about this Danhov split shank with pave and cushion cut diamond from jamesallen.com...so pretty!!

james allen 1.gif

rubybrierley

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply Dani...that''s nice but I''d like it if the bottom band on the right went underneath and became the prong on the upper left hand side of the stone...hope you know what I mean!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2006 5:32:51 AM
Author: rubybrierley
Thanks for the reply Dani...that''s nice but I''d like it if the bottom band on the right went underneath and became the prong on the upper left hand side of the stone...hope you know what I mean!
Anything like this? (LINK) ... only with pave...
38.gif

This even has the shank slightly split next to the stone - so I would think that a true-blue split shank version can''t be too far away.

DSCN7176_Assorted.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
My guess it''s more like this
Excuse my Photoshop, it''s morning

XprongCrossSpl.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2006 11:31:50 AM
Author: Pricescope

My guess it''s more like this

Old-European-cut-Diamond-Ring-24a.gif

And more pictures where this one comes from. I have not found yet a ring with the prongs crossed in a full X shape under the culet of the center stone, but with so much design going around, I wouldn''t be surprised.

This one ring doens''t have a particularly thin shank, but if you have one custom made, that can be arrranged.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You may find some of the rings in the Royal Asscher collection interesting - they use the same ''diamond wire'' frame as the Vera Wank settings and some have version of crossed prongs. I remember a three-stone ring done this way, but there could be a solitaire as well.
34.gif

rubybrierley

Rough_Rock
OMG, Ana, I actually gasped when I saw that last pic you posted...so loud my workmates wondered what was going on!!!!!

I tried on a ring very very similar to that on the weekend (it had a princess cut) and just loved it. With a narrow shank, I think it''d be stunning. You guys are so great!

I also love that photoshoped one too...that''s what I mean about the cross over underneath the stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results