shape
carat
color
clarity

Search for Ultrasonic cleaner turns up NOTHING!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is wrong with PS's search function? GRRRRRRRRR! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Which US should I buy?
I hear ones with heaters do a better job. (But I also read you can just heat up the cleaning solution in the microwave first.)
I seem to recall a certain cheap one doesn't last long

I'll be cleaning several loose stones.
I assume you do NOT throw them all in together where they can scratch each other.
How do you separate them, or do you have to clean one at a time?

Screen shot 2011-05-26 at 7.53.22 AM.png

Screen shot 2011-05-26 at 7.53.13 AM.png

TheDoctor

Shiny_Rock
No need to use an ultrasonic for loose stones. A microfibre cloth will do just fine, and they need to be cleaned sepaately.
Once they are set into jewellery, yes, an ultrasonic is a good investment. No need to have a heater, you can simply fill the US with hot detergent solution when you use it.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
The link to the thread is in the Helpful Threads Archive sticky at the top of the forum. The reason the search function didn't turn it up was that the thread is in the Shopping forum.

iwannaprettyone|1194516849|1106286 said:
Nice.

This is one of my all time faves.

Subject: Can you use an Ultrasonic Cleaner to often?
Content: Everything from brands to solution mixers...

Linky

ETA: No Ammonia for white gold!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kenny, I think a lot of pricescopers have the Jewel Jet. I don't have one but it seems to get pretty good reviews here.

totally agree with you on the search function, happens to me all the time. And, there are plenty of threads on ultrasonics in this forum so something should have turned up in the search. Plus, when you are doing a general search at the top, I thought all forums were searched unless you do an advanced search in a particular forum. I have no idea why it doesn't work anymore, but it doesn't, that's for sure!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
i am really hardcore about clean jewelery so I got the 1/2 gallon crest ultrasonic with a heater. Add a dollop of ammonia and few drops of Mr Clean to distilled water. Selling point on the professional quality device was that I told my husband he could clean gun parts in it. If I am cleaning something tiny I place inside a tea ball.

I have a jewel jet too and they serve different purposes.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny...a jewel jet steamer would be a better choice for cleaning your loose stones.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys.
I ended up getting a GemPro steam cleaner, but am still considering getting an US.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi Kenny,

The search function is still being improved and unfortunately our developers have not been as successful as we had hoped indexing our pages.

You can use google to search only Pricescope by typing the following into google:

site:pricescope.com ultrasonic

Where ultrasonic is replaced by whatever your search query is.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella|1306605463|2932559 said:
Hi Kenny,

The search function is still being improved and unfortunately our developers have not been as successful as we had hoped indexing our pages.

You can use google to search only Pricescope by typing the following into google:

Cool!
Thanks Ella.
This is very helpful but most members won't read this thread.
Might it warrant a pinned thread or even a link button under PS's "search" function?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
kenny|1306607593|2932581 said:
Hi Kenny,

Cool!
Thanks Ella.
This is very helpful but most members won't read this thread.
Might it warrant a pinned thread or even a link button under PS's "search" function?

You can also do the following.

googlesearch.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Kenny,

This is very helpful! Thanks Ella!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results