shape
carat
color
clarity

Search for anniversary gift, please help!

sclaggett

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

My fifth wedding anniversary is coming up soon and I'd like to get my wife something pretty and sparkly that she will love! Unfortunately I find the number of choices and a bit overwhelming and was hoping some of the aficionados here could help me find a good stone. From conversations I know that she'd like a round cut with an H color and SI1 or SI2 clarity. My budget for the stone is in the neighborhood of $6k. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,
Shane

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
If it were me I would go with a stone like this

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=BLAGS-104050213006

It has a medium blue flourescence so it will make it appear whiter, and it is a VS2 so it should be eyeclean. If you are interested I would call and place it on hold tomorrow because they get snatched up quickly. Also if you do decide to purchase make sure you get the pricescope discount, I belive it is 5% off with wiring discount. On a 6000 dollar budget it gets you a great 1 carat.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this a stone for an upgraded e-ring or pendant or what? That stone that Farmer Gal pointed out would be excellent.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on five years!! What type of project are you working on? Ring???? Necklace???

sclaggett

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Thanks for your replies and many apologies for my slow response. Work has been crazy (like usual!). Let me explain the situation a bit more: I bought my wife an engagement ring before we got married but didn't have much money since I was in grad school. I've been promising her something nicer when we had more money and would love to get her a ring worthy of her for our five year anniversary [OK, maybe I still can't afford a ring worthy of her, but something decent :) ]. So I'm looking for a traditional, single stone, round engagement ring. She already has a setting in white gold that she wants to reuse and I know she prefers white gold over platinum.

The stone that farmer gal pointed out does look nice--thanks! But recently she mentioned that she thought 1.2 carat would be a good size. Any idea how much I might have to go up in price to get a decent stone that size?

I didn't realize there was a Pricescope discount. That sounds great!

Thanks for your help,
Shane

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
centralsquare|1312425467|2983712 said:
Amys Bling|1312421532|2983655 said:
contact the vendor to see if it is eyeclean... place on hold if interested, and request more images!
it's a 1.15 G SI2 Ideal Cut Round

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1393209.asp

Since this stone is graded by IGI, it would be a good idea to also get the vendors opinion on color and cut.

didnt see that IGI graded it . definitely follow up with the vendor.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results