shape
carat
color
clarity

Search for anniversary gift, please help!

sclaggett

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

My fifth wedding anniversary is coming up soon and I'd like to get my wife something pretty and sparkly that she will love! Unfortunately I find the number of choices and a bit overwhelming and was hoping some of the aficionados here could help me find a good stone. From conversations I know that she'd like a round cut with an H color and SI1 or SI2 clarity. My budget for the stone is in the neighborhood of $6k. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,
Shane

If it were me I would go with a stone like this

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=BLAGS-104050213006

It has a medium blue flourescence so it will make it appear whiter, and it is a VS2 so it should be eyeclean. If you are interested I would call and place it on hold tomorrow because they get snatched up quickly. Also if you do decide to purchase make sure you get the pricescope discount, I belive it is 5% off with wiring discount. On a 6000 dollar budget it gets you a great 1 carat.

Is this a stone for an upgraded e-ring or pendant or what? That stone that Farmer Gal pointed out would be excellent.

Congrats on five years!! What type of project are you working on? Ring???? Necklace???

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies and many apologies for my slow response. Work has been crazy (like usual!). Let me explain the situation a bit more: I bought my wife an engagement ring before we got married but didn't have much money since I was in grad school. I've been promising her something nicer when we had more money and would love to get her a ring worthy of her for our five year anniversary [OK, maybe I still can't afford a ring worthy of her, but something decent :) ]. So I'm looking for a traditional, single stone, round engagement ring. She already has a setting in white gold that she wants to reuse and I know she prefers white gold over platinum.

The stone that farmer gal pointed out does look nice--thanks! But recently she mentioned that she thought 1.2 carat would be a good size. Any idea how much I might have to go up in price to get a decent stone that size?

I didn't realize there was a Pricescope discount. That sounds great!

Thanks for your help,
Shane

centralsquare|1312425467|2983712 said:
Amys Bling|1312421532|2983655 said:
contact the vendor to see if it is eyeclean... place on hold if interested, and request more images!
it's a 1.15 G SI2 Ideal Cut Round

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1393209.asp

Since this stone is graded by IGI, it would be a good idea to also get the vendors opinion on color and cut.

didnt see that IGI graded it . definitely follow up with the vendor.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP