shape
carat
color
clarity

Search for an east west emerald cut diamond with halo

diamondhead

Rough_Rock
Hello Pricescopers!
I've agreed to help my cousin find his wife an upgrade for his wife of 25 years. I showed him a picture of an east west emerald cut diamond with a halo that I saw on Pinterest, but I really want to go with a trusted PS vendor. Can anybody recommend someone for that particular style? All my knowledge is in rounds so I need someone I can trust that can provide a nice emerald. Thanks!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Old Gold

diamondhead

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Any particular reason you like them? Are they just nice to work with all around? Or are they known for emerald cuts?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Give GOG your "wants" and budget. They'll search out the best candidates, bring them in, then work them up (light performance imaging, videos, etc). They've been doing this a long time, and are extremely knowledgeable, honest, and trustworthy. If I had your budget I would want the best of the best, and that takes a bit of legwork. I've purchased from them before, and I feel that their assessment of the stones is worth every penny.

That said, I have an EC myself and I bought mine from James Allen. I got an ASET light performance image for it as well as their gemologist's assessment before making up my mind. It seems though that more of their stones these days are out of the country, and it's not possible for them to deliver the important ASET images on those stones.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally wouldn't use GOG for a pave halo, at all. If you are looking for ONE vendor to do both the setting and the stone I'd recommend Victor Canera or Brilliantly Engaged. Both can do a great pave halo (seriously great) and both can find great emerald cuts.

If you want to use GOG, use them for the diamond, and then (also in NY) use Steven Kirsch or Brilliantly engaged for the halo.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Recent GOG halo thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-with-this-cad-please.219871/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-with-this-cad-please.219871/[/URL]

It's not that GOG can't do them. But we literally see 100's of halos here. Good, bad, and in between. The best are by: Steven Kirsch, Victor Canera and Brilliantly Engaged. David Klass has done some that are nice. Diamonds by Lauren has some nice ones.

And that's the top five. GOG doesn't figure in that list.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And we can find him an EC too on JA, as mentioned, or Enchanted Diamonds for example.

Do you want give us a budget for the ring (and I seriously hope you are talking 10k minimum for the ring realistically for a one carat in a nice halo, and more obviously for a larger center).

Brilliantly Engaged has a CAD bench and a Handforged. So they are the most flexible vendor. And they do have a great eye for fancies, so they are the best for one stop shopping.

diamondhead

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies! The budget is 10K. Like the majority on this board I of course want to take up as much real estate on her 7 1/2 size finger as possible without any visible inclusions and of course nothing yellow-y.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
H or better. Eyeclean. Save 3.5k for the halo setting if you want handforged. Work with Brilliantly Engaged on both, as they will give you preferential pricing if you buy both setting and stone from them, as I understand it.

That means you have 6.5K for the stone. I would to get dimensions larger than 5x7. And ask for a more elongated stone (1.4 l/w ratio).

If they can do the halo CAST for you for 2.5k in platinum (might be pushing it). They have a great CAST bench. Then that opens your budget up a bit.

Do you have to have pave on the shank (the band part of the ring? Doing a plain shank halo might be a good way to save money and get the setting for 2.5K. Which would leave 7.5k for the setting.

If you have a LITTLE wiggle room to increase budget to 11k, then that might be something to keep in mind, as it may get you more coverage as at 8.5k and open up the field for more options of stones.

Also remember DO NOT COMPARE WEIGHT ON EMERALD CUTS. You could have a 1.2 carat EC that is LARGER (face up) than a 1.5 depending on the proportions of each stone. So when you are talking 'Size" talk about dimensions and not weight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results