shape
carat
color
clarity

Seaglow's Finds

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's a necklace made from Burmese (old mine - Mogok) pigeon's blood Ruby melees with diamond melees in 18k gold. Also taken in different lighting conditions. Pairing it with a ruby and diamond band.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooooo pretty, looks lovely on you.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Austina. :)

More photos....playing with colors. :)

3.99 carats Mandarin Spessertite Garnet, 4.50 carats Cambodian Zircon, 1.66 carats Burmese flame spinel, 3.10 carats Zambian Emerald, and 2.68 carats African Hot Pink Tourmaline.

View attachment 493759

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

View attachment 493757

image.jpeg

Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. You're knocking it out of the park with those colors!:clap:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
wow - love that ruby necklace! I think my heart skipped a beat when I first saw the picture.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yum!! I love the color on your emerald!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all of it but especially the ruby necklace!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks elle, poodles, chroman, and lilmosun!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yummy and that's a lot of nice stones you have :)
Do the rubies show up a tad too pink in the photos?

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not just a tad. Too pink in the photo. Then when in different lighting, it's too much purple but IRL it's red. I can't get the real color on this one.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have the same problem with my rubies :)

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is the best red I could get without filters in indoor lighting. But even this red is not accurate. The stones are brighter.

image.jpeg

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I posted before an included red spinel to be set in a ring. It's done!

I eventually went for yellow gold, in a half diamond band setting. I went for VVS, D colored diamonds to make the color of the spinel pop. Here it is! I also had some included spinel studs set. I'm now having jackets set for them. :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Also bought some pairs that I will set aside for side stones or studs. Some Vietnamese spinels about 1.5 carats/pair, smaller Mali and Mandarin garnet pairs.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Also for some eye candy, a dealer showed me this 3.61 carat royal blue standard heat sapphire with a Gubelin treatment (H) report.

image.jpeg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm taken by the beautiful ruby necklace and spinel rings! They are so joyously vivid! BEAUTIFUL!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is one of my projects worth sharing, I just got a 1.9cts. unheated Ceylon padparadscha. It is included but the color is fantastic! It's becoming difficult to hunt pads....the Africans tend to be not as nice as the Ceylon and Vietnamese, and there's hardly any from other sources. My last pad was on the sunset color side and this one is on the lotus flower side...more pink.

I'm setting this beauty with E colored, VVS diamond melees and purple princess cut sapphires that I have personally selected. It will be set in 18k white gold. I'm doing a halo on this one.

On a couple of photos, you'd also see a 1.25 blue Ceylon and and a 4.3 carat yellow Thai sapphire. I'm still thinking whether to get the yellow sapphire. I got the blue which is a tad lighter on some angles but the stones tend to get a bit darker when set so I thought it will make a nice ring.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have this sapphire...silky but the color! 2.02 carats.

image.jpeg
Wow, I love that beautiful sapphire! It looks very magic. All of your stones and projects are beautiful!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Bluegemz! It's not this brilliant sapphire so it didn't cost much. But I kinda like the silk effect and the color holds well in all lighting conditions.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The color of the pad in different lighting conditions.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That pad and the colours in the planned setting. So yummy!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cobalt blue Luc Yen spinels. Biggest blue rough at .46ct., had some roughs cut and biggest faceted blue at .20ct. Neon pinks also from Luc Yen. Got a small pair of blues with total carat weight of .21ct. The color is unparalleled even by the finest sapphires, IMHO.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those spinels are SO astounding! I love the look of the natural crystals as much as the faceted stones. How I would love to get a blue spinel like those! Simply a miracle of nature. They will be amazing in whatever setting. Congratulations!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Those sapphires are fantastic, Sam! Nice to see you here as well. I hope you got my email I just sent your way. I appreciate the time you took to write me back.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
You have some fantastic stones, Sam. What other goodies do you have stashed away for show and tell? Have you seen the Lattice Sunstone yet?

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have some fantastic stones, Sam. What other goodies do you have stashed away for show and tell? Have you seen the Lattice Sunstone yet?

If you're talking collector stones, I have a colorless scapolite that has some rainbow thing going on inside, a Kenyan light blue feldspar that looks like an aquamarine and crystal bright.....a colorless Burmese Spinel....cat's eye chrome diopside, spharelite, some stones given to me such as vesuvianite, tugtupite.... but no Lattice sunstone! I try to stick to stones I can set for jewelry but definitely lattice sunstone is on my wish list! :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those spinels are amazing! I randomly walked into a few nearby jewellery stores while in Hanoi last Dec and asked for Luc Yen spinels. All nada!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those spinels are amazing! I randomly walked into a few nearby jewellery stores while in Hanoi last Dec and asked for Luc Yen spinels. All nada!

The cobalt blue rough are super small, mostly included to opaque but the color is fantastic! They get snatched up at mine level but you should see one or two in streets of the mining town. Lots of sapphires though in Hanoi. You get to see interesting stuffs in Ho Chi Minh as well such as carved sapphires. If you are a bit more adventurous next time, cross to Cambodia and 3 hours away is Phnom Penh..,their museum has interesting jewels!

BTW, hope you had fun in London. Did you visit the museum at the bridge that holds the Crown Jewels? Super interesting. But the best stones on display IMHO are still at the Smithsonian in DC.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I decided to grab some untreated pink Burmese spinels with Lotus Gold reports. The pair stands out for me as it holds color in all lighting conditions. Unless it's neon or a salmon color, I'd go with medium tone. The 2 carat is a rich color - not neon but a sweet color and the stone seems to have a bit of purplish modifier to me in some lighting. I prefer pink spinels on the medium tone rather than deep ones as they will on most cases keep the color in indoor lights. Still don't know what to do with them as I have some projects lined up. Skipped on the flame pair and the reds.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results