Seaglow's Finds

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in awe, Seaglow! So, SO beautiful!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I decided to grab some untreated pink Burmese spinels with Lotus Gold reports. The pair stands out for me as it holds color in all lighting conditions. Unless it's neon or a salmon color, I'd go with medium tone. The 2 carat is a rich color - not neon but a sweet color and the stone seems to have a bit of purplish modifier to me in some lighting. I prefer pink spinels on the medium tone rather than deep ones as they will on most cases keep the color in indoor lights. Still don't know what to do with them as I have some projects lined up. Skipped on the flame pair and the reds.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Oooohhh wish I could see them! The red ones are like my small red spinel ring.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking how great it would to have red spinel earrings! I have one small ruby ring, and I'd LOVE to find earrings that go, either spinel or ruby. It's fabulous that you are able to see these wonderful gems.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was thinking how great it would to have red spinel earrings! I have one small ruby ring, and I'd LOVE to find earrings that go, either spinel or ruby. It's fabulous that you are able to see these wonderful gems.

Hi Bluegemz,

The pair is actually orange as per the Lotus report. The reds are sold as singles. Just a very slight change in hue on the red side and you add some dollars!

Last edited:

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
One of my projects is a ""Queen Bee" ring. I've decided to have fun with my 2.68 carat pink tourmaline, add my green copper-bearing tourmaline as wings, a neon spinel for head, and a couple of yellow sapphires fro antenna, then place a diamond crown on the pink spinel head. Not sure if you can imagine it but here are the stones all together. There will also be some diamond details on the shank. It's a fun ring but let's see the outcome once it's done. Lol.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my projects is a ""Queen Bee" ring. I've decided to have fun with my 2.68 carat pink tourmaline, add my green copper-bearing tourmaline as wings, a neon spinel for head, and a couple of yellow sapphires fro antenna, then place a diamond crown on the pink spinel head. Not sure if you can imagine it but here are the stones all together. There will also be some diamond details on the shank. It's a fun ring but let's see the outcome once it's done. Lol.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I love this idea! It's going to be so cute!!!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This is the coolest idea! Can't wait to see it once completed.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
This will be adorable. Those are such pretty stones too!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun and beautiful project Seaglow!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I decided to grab some untreated pink Burmese spinels with Lotus Gold reports. The pair stands out for me as it holds color in all lighting conditions. Unless it's neon or a salmon color, I'd go with medium tone. The 2 carat is a rich color - not neon but a sweet color and the stone seems to have a bit of purplish modifier to me in some lighting. I prefer pink spinels on the medium tone rather than deep ones as they will on most cases keep the color in indoor lights. Still don't know what to do with them as I have some projects lined up. Skipped on the flame pair and the reds.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Those are so pretty! I love the colors!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You're so talented and creative! It also looks like a lil angel in the box!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Got this ring today... The center stone is a tourmaline. Can't quite get the color... It's brownish pink and the color is between burgundy and champagne pink. I took photos in different lighting conditions, the side stones are tsavorites. I also got a box of Naminian demantoids, a garnet pair, and a small pair of untreated pink topaz.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seaglow, they are lovely! I particularly like the pink topazes. I think that shade is magnificently subtle and delicate. What a diverse collection!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the ring is just gorgeous! GREAT proportions and relationships between tone and saturation in the gems. What an unexpected but beautiful combination.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Bluegemz! I buy pairs of small stones for potential side stones in the future. Untreated pink topaz is so difficult to find!

On the ring, I got it to have a nice brown stone in jewellery and this is the nicest shade I could find. Many brown stones are dull...I'm thinking of what other stones come in nice brown.... Diamonds are nice in brown....maybe zircons...sapphires...

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Bluegemz! I buy pairs of small stones for potential side stones in the future. Untreated pink topaz is so difficult to find!

On the ring, I got it to have a nice brown stone in jewellery and this is the nicest shade I could find. Many brown stones are dull...I'm thinking of what other stones come in nice brown.... Diamonds are nice in brown....maybe zircons...sapphires...
You are right, it is a very elegant and complex brown. Browns are amazingly intricate. Having studied color and light in painting, browns are the most difficult to create because they contain every other color within them to varying degrees. Finding a nice brown isn't easy. Diamond and zircons have the added look of sparkle to enhance the color. The beauty of your brown tourmaline relies on the elegance of the color, which really is quite a find.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Seaglow, your ring is so pretty! I love the color combination. Is your lovely garnet pair rhodolite or almandine? Those sparkly demantoids will be great for projects. Congratulations on finding untreated pink topaz. It's so hard to find. Your pair is very feminine and elegant.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Seaglow, your ring is so pretty! I love the color combination. Is your lovely garnet pair rhodolite or almandine? Those sparkly demantoids will be great for projects. Congratulations on finding untreated pink topaz. It's so hard to find. Your pair is very feminine and elegant.

Thanks Bluegemz and chatoyancy!

The pair are rhodolites. :)

image.jpeg

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Got these pavé egg earrings in Zurich. The pink sapphires have very good colors in different lighting and the craftsmanship is superb (when you run the pavé to clothes, it doesn't catch threads or lints, and when you run your thumb in the pavé, it feels smooth).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Today passed by Bahnhofstrasse but the shops were closed! I wanted to check Gubelin and see some nice jewels. Took photos of store windows instead. First two are from Gubelin, some rubies and emeralds (?), they look like tsavorites to me and you can have it for a low price of 322,000 francs, lol. I guess they must be very fine emeralds. I mean, they should be fine emeralds!

Second photo is from Van Cleef, and the 4th from another shop. I would have loved to take a look at those bugs! The earrings would be interesting!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bugs are adorable. I like how the shells are open, as if they are just about to fly off. I think this adds a much needed life energy to symmetrical and static shapes,
because of the psychological expectation.....like when I see a ladybug, as soon as the shell opens, I know it's about to leave.

Gorgeous shops!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Must be Sonntag, rest day :)
The rubies look tdf!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I checked a parcel that just arrived from Sri Lanka for unheated pink sapphires 1-2 carat sizes. There were 2 padparadschas in the lot, but the other one is cut too shallow and would yield less than a carat after recut. I chose 3 stones of acceptable cut, 1.01-1.14 carats. Most stones appear washed out, and the one with nice colors have big windows or unattractive inclusions. Since these stones does not have lab reports, I have to check the inclusion types. I've included a photo of unaltered tube inclusions under magnification of the padparadscha I bought. I was also presented giant morganites, one was 123 carats. Lol. I also got another Burmese pink sapphire, heated, but decent size at 2.48 carats. It appears light and silky at daylight but turns hot pink at most artificial light. Also my dealer threw in a 6 carat plus cat's eye for USD6. I just took it. I haven't tested what it is but most likely apatite.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang, that's one giant morganite. I'm just picturing what someone would look like walking around with that on their hand. :lol:

Muhammad_Ali

Rough_Rock
Dang, that's one giant morganite. I'm just picturing what someone would look like walking around with that on their hand. :lol:
Hahaha, Just pictured a hamster sized ring on a dainty little hand

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lol I wonder how heavy that'd be in a bangle or as a brooch!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would totally wear it as a ring! It reminds me of one of my favorite aqua rings from a "go big or go home" series.....this aqua is about as big, and its fabulous on!

IMG_2390.jpg

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I'm not sure how that would be but it will be considered a deadly weapon. Lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results