shape
carat
color
clarity

scuffing on the palm side band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dcsearcher

Rough_Rock
Hey folks- quick question for you all. (BTW - engagement went great, we''re thrilled and the ring looks amazing on her!) https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/themes/emoticons/original/2.gif

After 2 weeks of wearing, now, she has some scuffs on the part of her band that faces her palm. is this normal, or not? she (nor I) have ever had a platinum ring before, so not sure what to expect!

Thanks!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 4:04:41 PM
Author:dcsearcher
Hey folks- quick question for you all. (BTW - engagement went great, we''re thrilled and the ring looks amazing on her!) https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/themes/emoticons/original/2.gif

After 2 weeks of wearing, now, she has some scuffs on the part of her band that faces her palm. is this normal, or not? she (nor I) have ever had a platinum ring before, so not sure what to expect!

Thanks!
Yes, it is inevitable, with any metal.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes normal.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
It does happen. To minimize the scratching, I always put my rings in their box if I''m going to be cooking with pots and pans or doing housework, garden work, etc.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I just looked up your gorgeous Mark Morrell ring! It is a pity to get that beauty scratched but I am afraid to say it happens with normal wear. I take off my ring for many activities but I know newly engaged ladies don''t want to part with it for a second. Just be careful about really rough activities, gardening, working out, carrying heavy metal things, etc. You can get platinum polished up nicely but it''ll happen again. Maybe consider getting it spiffed up before the wedding so it matches the new band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results