shape
carat
color
clarity

Scott Kay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

*Monique

Rough_Rock
Hi,

We ordered the setting (Scott Kay, size 6) but were told it would take 3-4 weeks. I was wondering why it would take so long?

Also, will any jewelers set a diamond right in front of you to prevent switching? How long does it usually take to set one diamond in a setting?

Thanks.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 2/22/2003 9:16:25 AM *Monique wrote:
Hi,

We ordered the setting (Scott Kay, size 6) but were told it would take 3-4 weeks. I was wondering why it would take so long?

Hey Monique: It takes a while because these rings are made to order.

Also, will any jewelers set a diamond right in front of you to prevent switching? How long does it usually take to set one diamond in a setting?

I am sure if you ask the jeweler to set the diamond in front of you they would accomodate. Diamond switching is a very unorthodox practice and goes against the ethics set forth by the industry. I am not at all saying that the practice doesn't exist, but a reputable business would not likely partake in it. There are a lot of risk involved. You can also become very familiar with your stone by noticing where the inclusions are to help identify that it's yours. Depending on where you buy/bought your stone there is laser inscription to also help identify the stone.

Thanks. ----------------

Hope that helped-Josh Rioux-Sitka,Alaska

16.gif

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wavey.gif
Setting a stone should not take more than a few minutes! And as far as switching it , You must go to a reputable jeweler that has beeen there for many years ,and has a good reputation.

good luck
1.gif

AmPm

Rough_Rock
Hi Monique,
A custom made ring will take longer, to actually set the diamond isn't a long process at all, Keep in mind the jeweler may have other orders to complete before starting yours, especially if they are a reputable jeweler. If you feel alittle uncomfortable about leaving your diamond I'm sure you will be able to sort something out with the jeweler. A jeweler with a professional work ethic would not partake in stone switching, so a reputable jeweler would be the way to go. We would like to think this was a practice that didn't occur at all.
I'm sure it will work out well for you.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello,
I recently got my Scott Kay ring & when we ordered it was told 3-4 wks. It came in 3 wks.
1.gif
It took that long as it was made when the company received the order for it & it came in the size I ordered. There wasnt a thing wrong with my ring when it came in. Also, the jewelery store we went to used a setter that allowed us (my fiance & I) to sit right at his station while he set it. He was very pleasant & we chatted about all kinds of things besides the ring. He also chuckled a bit when I asked him to set the prongs between the arrows. He said in all the yrs he's been making/setting jewelry that I'm the 2nd person to ever ask for that specifically. He did it, just like I asked.
1.gif

He actually said I was a lot of fun to chat with cause he could tell I was a perfectionist & that I was concerned about the kind of work he would do, but he's dealt with worse.
9.gif

haha

Judy
:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results