shape
carat
color
clarity

Scott Kay Set, Very Strong Fluroescence, pics inside

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrcysco

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

First off, a HUGE thanks to everyone on Pricescope for being such a huge help. The amount of knowledge and experience on this board is amazing. I started off knowing absolutely nothing about diamonds. Now I consider myself a very educated consumer. Not only did I manage to get a ring that blew away my expectations, but I actually came in under my budget while still managing to get a spectacular wedding band to go with the e-ring! So, on to the specs!

The Diamond
After reading up, i decided I really liked the idea of fluorecent diamonds. I also followed the advice of this board and bought the highest quality cut I could get. The result was the following diamond from James Allen. For anyone worried about buying a stone over the internet, do yourself a favor and contact jamesallen.com. I was blown away by the customer service. On top of that, the stone I got is spectacular. The pictures don''t do it justice.

AGS - 000
.954ct
VS1 - clarity
I - color
Ideal polish
Ideal symmetry
VERY STRONG!!! Fluorescence!

The Scott Kay Setting and Band
I was so lost when it came to the setting. I had no idea what to do. countless hours of looking at various settings on this board made me narrow down the search to something elegant yet classic with a touch of modern. Problem was, everything I looked at cost serious $$$. Enter Pearlman''s Jewlers. On their website they have a little section called "Great Deals". What lies inside was the answer to my prayers. I called Pearlman''s and was helped by Joseph. You want to talk about customer service!? "Joesph, can you take a bunch of pictures of some of these settings"? - of course. "Joseph, can you send me one of these settings so I can see it in person?" Of course, heck I''ll even include my personal favorite. "Joseph, what''s the charge for sizing and mounting the ring"? Charge? nothing. Shipping? nothing. I ended up getting this spectacular designer Scott Kay platinum set for less than half of what it would have cost me elsewhere. Pearlman''s is amazing!

Pricescope + James Allen + Pearlman''s made what should have been the scarriest purchase of my life into the best buying experience I''ve ever had.

Now the Pics.........

mrcysco

Rough_Rock
the first pics show off the fluorescent power of this thing. It''s really quite amazing to see in person. You want to talk about blue!

same shot, first with shadow

bluediamond3.jpg

mrcysco

Rough_Rock
now in direct sunlight. Talk about a blue glow!

bluediamond4.jpg

mrcysco

Rough_Rock
A close-up of the set

therock1.jpg

mrcysco

Rough_Rock
a side view of the e-ring. Love the surprise diamond!

therock2.jpg

mrcysco

Rough_Rock
shine on you crazy diamond!

therock3.jpg

mrcysco

Rough_Rock
the set on a "stunt hand"

therock4.jpg

mrcysco

Rough_Rock
Now, let''s just hope she says yes! thanks again everyone!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Wow you did a great job! Heck I would say yes (to the rings that is
31.gif
).....

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Your set is GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations!!! Good luck with the proposal!

You sound like you have a great sense of humor - loved reading your post!!!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
The set is fabulous! She will definitely say YES! (How could anyone say no to such a beautiful diamond???) Good liuck!
36.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
that pic where it looks blue is amazing!!!! did u actually let someone else try on her ring, naughty!!
2.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Awesome!!! Love that set!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! I love how it flashes blue, you have quite a stone. The setting is also beautiful. Congrats!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You did a great job, I''m sure she''ll be thrilled. It''s a gorgeous set!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Love the set. Can''t wait for hand pics.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh those are pretty rings!!!
30.gif
There can be no answer other than YES!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Cysco, Sir, I mean Mr.

Beautiful story...even more Beautiful set! Right time...Right place...it is all falling in line for you...and you doubt her answer? You are on a roll!

Oh and thanks for employing the stunt hand
2.gif
. Many are out of work and it is nice to see you support them! Too funny. And too clever.

DKS

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 4:14:51 PM
Author: mrcysco
Now, let''s just hope she says yes! thanks again everyone!

Of course she will! It is a beautiful wedding set! It is great you had such a wonderful experience.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, great set and great story. I love the blue!!! CONGRATS on making a beautiful purchase!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous!!! She is going to love it!!!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is really beautiful..good job, hope all goes well
1.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
wwwwoooowww, I love the strong blue too! beautiful!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my, I really, really like that setting. Absolutely stunning. The diamond is amazing. I love strong blue flourescence. It really gives the diamond character.

Good luck on your proposal!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I love it: "stunt hand." You sound so cute. Good work!

elle

Shiny_Rock
It''s a beautiful set! You did an outstanding job!
36.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Wow so beautiful!! Just love the stone and the setting. You did so well!

I love a strong blue stone - I even got one myself - I adore it. Yours is just spectacular. Could you post the details of the cut? It''s a lovely stone.

I think more and more people will favor the blue flo stones once they see what they are and that they are not scary or anything. When I first learned about fluoresence it was presented as such a negative, but I see nothing but positives. Yours is another example of a magnificent stone.

Well done - I am sure she''ll love it.
1.gif
1.gif

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
mrcysco, Congratulations! That is a beautiful e-ring wedding band set!!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, gorgeous stone and gorgeous setting...love the set!! how could she say no??

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. That stone, and setting is just stunning! You did really good, no way she could say no.

Well done!

p.s. Beautiful pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results