shape
carat
color
clarity

scott kay ring..what do you think

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ruben626

Rough_Rock
i am looking to get engaged. I want to pick out the best ring for my girl.
but i have no clue where to start... i was looking at a scott kay ring and wanted to get your opinion on this designer.
i welcome recomendations on other designers.
thank you

M0722RD10PP_UP.jpg

Jenga019

Rough_Rock
Very pretty setting!!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I think his settings are very pricey. You could go custom instead.

Jenga019

Rough_Rock
I actually found when I was looking at getting a custom setting that looked similar to the Scott Kay I wanted that it really wasn''t that much cheaper for being a custom job. I got a quote for 1200 to have it custom made when the setting was 1500 at a B&M store. Platinum is so expensive nowadays that you really won''t be saving that much money getting it custom made. Just my experience though, mine had pave diamonds so it might be more difficult to duplicate.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I love that setting! I don''t know anything about Scott Kay but someone here has that setting and I saved the picture b/c I just love it. It''s not as "busy" as the truffle style by Vatche but it still has an interesting side view and the pretty surprise diamond.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a lovely setting!
36.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
i really like that pariticular ring. I thought I''d repost someone elses ring in that setting so you could see how it looks in "real life"

bc%20br102dvs2%20finished%203.jpg

bc%20br102dvs2%20side%20view.jpg

bc%20br102dvs2%20side%20view%202.jpg

These were posted by Bigbadbuff
The center stone is 1ct D VS2 from GOG

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I think its pretty but I would want to pick all three-stones myself and not go with the "stock" two side stones provided by Scott Kay. If you are going to go through the trouble of picking the center stone.... I would the other two stones to be of similar cut, clarity and color. It is easy to find similar color and clarity, but for cut..that is a different story. And.. I don''t know if Scott Kay will let you do this or not? But if they did, beautiful setting!

BunaRocket

Rough_Rock
I''m in the same postition. I''ve been looking at the same setting from Scott Kay. I''m new to all of this and have a question.

I''ve been dealing with a local dealer, and I''ve been giving a price of $5,000 for this setting with a .70ct Dream Cut Hearts on Fire Diamond. Is this a good price????? I''m trying to get $4,500 walk out, and still need to know if that''s a good deal.

Can anyone help me please???

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Buna...your best bet is to start a new thread...to get more responses...and do a search on here for Hearts on Fire....they tend to be very beautiful....but way over priced...

Best of luck in your search

LOVE the setting. It''s very elegant, classic and clean, yet still has a lot of style.

sparklefan

Rough_Rock
I love it...it is very classy!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this ring what your girs has set her eye one ? Otherwise, it seems that a larger diamond usually wins over brand name... more so since H&A is a very tight standrad, so you can inspect cut quality fairly acurately without the prop of a brand.

The proportions of the ring are not very obvious, but this appears to be rather high set (perhaps not everyone''s ppiece of pie) and somewhat fragile. It may be worth asking a jeweler if the sidestones are safely set in this ring.

Just another perspective on the story, of course
34.gif

victorianblue

Rough_Rock
I have a Scott Kay wedding set-it was selected from their catelogue(they tend to be a little pricey).

The setting is white gold with 5 diamonds with a estimated weight of 1.00 ct. total. The diiamonds are of good color (that being E-F) with SI 1-VS 2 clarity. The diamonds match up pretty decent.

I must remit that I was disappointed with the thickness/weight of the white gold---the bands &/shanks are very thin . I have had the ring serviced due to a crack in the metal. The white gold was dull & yellow within just a few weeks of receipt--one of the caveats of white gold.

I wish I had found this site prior to my experience-it is full of information to help you with what will be a very important purchase. Good luck, keep researching & ask questions--there are some wonderful professionals and very knowledgeble members on this site!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results