shape
carat
color
clarity

Scott Kay and Memoire Purity eye candy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brightstone

Shiny_Rock

I traveled to Boston this weekend and visited a jewelry store so I could ckeck out some rings I had seen online. I was dying to see the Memoire purity line and Michael B lace line. No pics of Michael B, but posting pics of Memoire purity eternity 1.0 ct band, Scott Kay engagement ring, and Memoire spearated diamond eternity band. My E-ring is kinda like the Scott Kay, although the side diamonds aren''t as visible from the top (my e-ring is the varna st-122 with a 1.31 ct center round from JA...my boyfriend picks it up today!!!!!! :). I loved the Memoire eternity purity band...but wondering if it looks a bit much for a wedding band, and is prettier on its own?

Pics to enjoy.... :)

bospics ScottKay EringandMEmpurity.JPG

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Scott Kay E ring and Memoire Separated Diamonds WB

bospics ScotKayEringandMemspedia.JPG

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Memoire Purity alone

bospics Memalone.JPG

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
all together :)

bospics 004 all.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I think the memoire band with the engagement ring is GORGEOUS!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a bit much ? ..............................NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 10:15:24 AM
Author: motownmama
Hee hee - I had the same reaction. It''s funny, when I first got engaged, I thought a diamond band would be too much. Not I want one like crazy, LOL.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Love it!!!!

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
I thought it was SO SO pretty too....it''s just $1000 more than what we wanted to spend on a WB (ACK!). But it''s SOooo soooo pretty, alone or with the e-ring, and I''ll have it forever. We have time to think about it, but the memoire eternity is my favorite along with the Michael B lace. It''s weird though...the Michael B is more expensive than the 1ct Memoire, with so much less ct weight. The plus side of the Michael B is it''s uniqueness, although I do also find the memoire eternity to be unique too because of the single shared prong and the way it lets you see the round shape of each stone...love that!

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect! Looks great to me!

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Wish I had taken pics of the Michael B lace WB too, to compare. Will just have to wait until my next trip.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2008 10:15:24 AM
Author: motownmama
Ditto!

Call them right now and tell them you want that ring! it''s stunning and not too much at all, because it''s very dainty for a 1ct - i think it''s the single prong that makes it that way. It''s perfect with your ering,
30.gif
and while i like the plain band on you, the diamond band is such a compliment to that ering - it looks like they were made for each other...and as you said, you''ll have it forever.
36.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
your rings are lovely!

i love that memoire band
3.gif

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Actually, they are not mine yet!! :) I am trying to decide on wedding band....love the memoire purity band I posted pics of. I am also considering Michael B lace and Varna contassa WB (I''ll try to attach pics of them now).

vcwb.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''m still loving the purity band. I keep coming back to stare at it.
3.gif

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
So, this is the Michael B, last pic was the Varna contessa, and the Memoire I posted pic of on my hand earlier. I also like this Simon G pave .38ct eternity band, which I have no pic of...

Btw the Michael B (about $4000) and the Varna Contessa ($1600) there is a significant price difference. I think I like the Michael B better, but is it really worth it and would the varna contessa look comprable (I''ve never seen it in person).

I agree Ghecko...I think my fav is the Memoire purity :) I found one on line for $3300, when in the store in Boston that I went to it retails for $4600!!

WR1vh11.jpg

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i like the first picture. its lovely.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the look of the first set that you posted, very pretty.
I would also love to see how your ring looks with the Varna Contessa, they look like they would be a beautiful match.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
love the memoire purity band!

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
hey brightstone! beautiful set!!!! i love the memorie separated diamond WB! how many pointers are your sidestones? the size ratio is great between your center and side stones!!

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
I think the side stones were .20 each and the center stone approx 1.3-1.5ct. I think a big part of what helps them look proportioned so well in the way the side stones are set in the Scott Kay band. They are not entirely facing up, but tilted at a unique angle. I think this ring is the actual one that pops up when you go to the Scott Kay website. My E-ring, which my BFriend picked up yesterday and won''t let me see (Arrrghhh!!! :) :) is somewhat similar in that the side stones are smaller (.10 ct each) with a center stone that is 1.31ct. The setting is Varna''s st-122 (for Varna, the evolution went from this ring to the Varna Contessa ring which is better known). I''ll see if I can post a pic. It''s very unique, and pics don''t do it justice.

BTW, I am still new to this. When people talk about "pointers" on a ring, what do they mean.....the # of diamonds?

-Bright

Varna-st-122vh.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your purity ring is very cute. I love it''s delicate design.

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
your set is beautiful! very simple and classy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results