shape
carat
color
clarity

SCORPION - Q for you about picture you posted

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shyguy

Rough_Rock
Hey Scorpion. You posted this picture in the first thread in the "Show me ths ..." forum. Where did you get it? I like this mounting and was hoping to get more information on it.

read.gif

shyguy

mounting1.jpg

Turtle

Rough_Rock
Hey Shyguy,

I asked the same question a few days ago. You can find the thread here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/does-anyone-recognize-this-setting.6230/

Apparently, it is a custom setting by Mark Morrell. It is beautiful isn't it? There is also a similar 6 prong on the above thread.

Hope this helps.

shyguy

Rough_Rock
Turtle-

Thanks, just noticed your post.

I like the mounting, but would prefer if it were a pinched/tapered version of a Solstice-like tiffany instead of a cathedral.

I also wish it wasn't a custom job (mucho $$$).

Please post if you find anything further regarding mountings like this.

shyguy

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Hello
wavey.gif

Jumping in here since I saw my ring mentioned.

Shyguy:
The great thing about custom jobs is that you get to specify exactly what you want, down to the smallest details. My setting was not as cheap as a plain Tiffany knock-off (mine's much heavier) but not as expensive as a Tacori, so you really should consider checking with Mark.
He's great to work with but he is so popular now, you'll need to be willing to wait a while.

Good luck!

PS. Attaching a side pic of my ring.

Pic00008c.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice to see you here Boomerang-I enjoy reading through your posts and pics on Diamontalk...

Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
9.gif

sparklelvr

Rough_Rock
Boom,
Would you post more pictures of your ring in show me the ring section. I know you have others on another site but people here need to be able to see that gorgeous ring and get to appreciate Mark Morrells work.

Please more . Especially on your hand also. It wasn't until I saw that, that I was really able to see how dainty your ring is.

thanks
sparklelvr

gg

Rough_Rock
Hello Scorpion,

Thanks for the welcome.

sparklelvr
I tried taking more pics but they turned out awful. DH has taken the better camera for his trip so I'll post better pics next week. The photos that Mark took do make my ring look a bit thick but in reality although the ring is quite heavy, the shank tapers towards the stone, so from the top, it doesn't look bulky at all.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Hello Scorpion,

Thanks for the welcome.

sparklelvr
I tried taking more pics but they turned out awful. DH has taken the better camera for his trip so I'll post better pics next week. The photos that Mark took do make my ring look a bit thick but in reality although the ring is quite heavy, the shank tapers towards the stone, so from the top, it doesn't look bulky at all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results