clarity

School Shooting At Santa Clarita High School

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My thoughts and prayers are with the injured.
As usual, that’s all they’re gonna get - bully for them.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My thoughts and prayers are with the injured.
As usual, that’s all they’re gonna get - bully for them.

I know that is true for now, but there will come a time when even this country has had enough.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know that is true for now, but there will come a time when even this country has had enough.

Yeah it'll stop, after every American is shot dead except for that last proud defender of the US Constitution. :roll:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah it'll stop, after every American is shot dead except for that last proud defender of the US Constitution. :roll:

I used to feel the way that you do, but the younger generation is sick of the wild use of guns. They are sick of being afraid to go to school. They are going to take over the reins of power in the United States. Our generation is going to die out. I cannot see the generation that lived through Parkland allowing thiis way of life to continue. So I think they will put a stop to it.

I may not live to see it, but I am an optimist about the time coming when these shootings stop.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can this part of the US Constitution even be changed?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sure - we could add a constitutional amendment. Right now that's a nonstarter because there are more Republican-controlled states than Democratically-controlled ones, but eventually, maybe, enough will be Democratic and we can add constitutional amendments. OTOH, if enough become Republican-controlled, we'll get constitutional amendments about abortion and gay marriage. So. You know. Hopefully we'll get the former and not the latter.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly think that this is my greatest fear. I say a prayer for all kids each morning when I say goodbye to my kids. Something must be done.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry that any child or parent even has to think about this @Gussie.

Every adult should google Generation Lockdown March For Our Lives Commercial. If I knew how to paste a link I would have posted this. The commercial drives home what we are knowingly putting our children thru by not addressing the gun problem in our country.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
America schools should never be war zones because of too many guns and laws, regulations and politicians bought off by groups like the NRA. Until future generations figure this out, sadly nothing is going to change.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes. The Constitution can be changed; that is what Constitutional amendments do.

In fact "The Bill of Rights" is actually the first ten amendments to the Constitution.There are currently 27 amendments to The Constitution. Most people are familiar with some from The Bill of Rights like The First Amendment and The Fifth Amendment. There are many other famous ones which people will realize have touched the lives of American citizens if they think back to American history.

For example, The 15th Amendment says that "The right of citizens of the United States vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude. " This gave black men the right to vote after The Civil War.

18th Amendment made production, transport, and sale of alcohol illegal. (Remember the era of Prohibition and bathtub gin?) The nineteenth gave women the right to vote. The 21st repealed Prohibition.

"The Aug. 10 front-page article 'Trump decried for gun remark' was in error when it stated, “There are two ways to alter the Constitution.”

There are actually four ways. (1) Both houses propose an amendment with a two-thirds vote, and three-fourths of the state legislatures approve. Twenty-six of the 27 amendments were approved in this manner. (2) Both houses propose an amendment with a two-thirds vote, and three-fourths of the states approve the amendment via ratifying conventions. Only the 21st Amendment, which repealed Prohibition, was passed in this manner. (3) Two-thirds of the state legislatures call on Congress to hold a constitutional convention, and three-fourths of the state legislatures approve the amendment. (4) Two-thirds of the state legislatures call on Congress to hold a constitutional convention, and three-fourths of the states approve the amendment via ratifying conventions."

Last edited:

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I honestly think that this is my greatest fear. I say a prayer for all kids each morning when I say goodbye to my kids. Something must be done.

I fear as well. I use to tell myself that I could not live in fear. But each and every time, the community members seem to say "I never thought it could happen here". It can happen ANYWHERE.

I have two kids in high school, and two in college and I know it can happen ANYWHERE.

Shootings in our country are chilling and need to stop.

I don't know if this is standard around the country, but in my school district, they start doing shooting drills IN KINDERGARTEN on up. They will have lock down drills and practice what to do if there is an active shooter. This is the world our kids are growing up in. This has become the new normal. It is chilling.

Did anyone see this?

Senator Blumenthal from CT was speaking about gun violence when he was slipped a note that the shooting happened. My gosh, that is insane. Enough already. Something has to be done.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I fear as well. I use to tell myself that I could not live in fear. But each and every time, the community members seem to say "I never thought it could happen here". It can happen ANYWHERE.

I have two kids in high school, and two in college and I know it can happen ANYWHERE.

Shootings in our country are chilling and need to stop.

I don't know if this is standard around the country, but in my school district, they start doing shooting drills IN KINDERGARTEN on up. They will have lock down drills and practice what to do if there is an active shooter. This is the world our kids are growing up in. This has become the new normal. It is chilling.

Did anyone see this?

Senator Blumenthal from CT was speaking about gun violence when he was slipped a note that the shooting happened. My gosh, that is insane. Enough already. Something has to be done.

@Gussie @asscherisme I am so sorry. I too would live in fear if I had children in today's world where anything can happen and often does. I worry about my nieces and nephew almost every and they aren't even my children. It is unfathomable that we are still dealing with this issue. Un freaking fathomable and thank you dirty politicians for your unconscionable behavior allowing this to continue. It is a crying shame and a tragedy beyond measure and yet it continues. Every single day. Terrifying. Something has to be done. The new normal indeed and it has to be stopped. Our children deserve so much better. It's a surreal nightmare.

I may not live to see it, but I am an optimist about the time coming when these shootings stop.

I hope you are right Deb. With the white hot intensity of a thousand suns I hope and pray fervently you are right.:pray:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It never changes. The cycle of a shooting, talk to changing, and nothing happens. When you think it can't get any worse, it can and it does. I truly believe it will never stop.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A shooting occurs, talk happens, talk dies off until another shooting occurs. Sigh.

This one happened about a hour away from where we lived in Thousand Oaks, Ca. TO is where the Borderline shooting happened, the one year mark was just last week. It's too much. Far too much. My heart aches for it all.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I teach 30 min from Sandy Hook. It is one of my biggest fears that I could have to save my students’ lives one day. We practice lock down/out quite often and it truly has an effect on these kids and teachers. We quietly sit hidden from view (not an easy task) while the police go through the halls doing their drills. How sad that our kids have to fear walking their own school hallways. We used to fear bullying and childish pranks, they have to fear semi-automatic weapons. W.T.H?! :nono:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two kids in high school and yesterday, my son said in a very resigned voice, "I know it's just a matter of time before it happens at my school," and my heart broke into a million pieces. :blackeye:

I simply cannot fathom what the parents of children who have died at the hands of school shooters go through.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two kids in high school and yesterday, my son said in a very resigned voice, "I know it's just a matter of time before it happens at my school," and my heart broke into a million pieces. :blackeye:

I simply cannot fathom what the parents of children who have died at the hands of school shooters go through.

I am so sorry. That is just terrible. I hate that kids and parents live in fear.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

Same here, 2 highschoolers. My kids told me that they would not be surprised if something like that happened in their school. We live deep behind the conservative "orange curtain" in California...

When I asked them if they had any drills, they said that they were to all bunch into the furthest corner from the door, and to use hydroflasks as weapons if needed. I don't know how hydroflasks can be effective against a crazy gunman or bullets. I'm really scared for my kids.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here, 2 highschoolers. My kids told me that they would not be surprised if something like that happened in their school. We live deep behind the conservative "orange curtain" in California...

When I asked them if they had any drills, they said that they were to all bunch into the furthest corner from the door, and to use hydroflasks as weapons if needed. I don't know how hydroflasks can be effective against a crazy gunman or bullets. I'm really scared for my kids.

This depresses me to no end. My daughter harassed me for a Hydroflask for the longest time and I finally gave in. She was overjoyed. The fact that kids need to be instructed to think of their beloved Hydroflasks as *weapons* just ruins and taints such an innocent and fun thing. But sadly, out of necessity. :blackeye: :blackeye::blackeye:

And you're right. This has been terrifying for so long, and with the way the US government is being run right now, it's only going to get worse. It chills me to the bone and makes me want to lock my kids in the house forever.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This depresses me to no end. My daughter harassed me for a Hydroflask for the longest time and I finally gave in. She was overjoyed. The fact that kids need to be instructed to think of their beloved Hydroflasks as *weapons* just ruins and taints such an innocent and fun thing. But sadly, out of necessity. :blackeye: :blackeye::blackeye:

And you're right. This has been terrifying for so long, and with the way the US government is being run right now, it's only going to get worse. It chills me to the bone and makes me want to lock my kids in the house forever.

I used to think homeschooling wasn't a great idea for many reasons but now it seems a much more attractive option IMO if one can do this. What a sad state of affairs and yes if I had kids I too would want to lock them away from this world. :(

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my young cousins chose "The Sandy Hook Promise" as a charity for her birthday on Facebook. The younger kids will change this as they come up. Hopefully soon. I have taught in public school for well over a decade, we practice "lock down/lock in" drills FREQUENTLY.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son just told me a story about a boy who was targeted by students at his high school. They reported that he was going to shoot up the school, so he was searched from head to toe. The boy was crying for the whole period following the search.

Another friend of my son’s was also targeted in this way and was interrogated by officers for a long period of time.

While I am very happy that they are following up on all possible issues...the false claims are doing harm. I can’t get that poor boy crying out of my head...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results