shape
carat
color
clarity

School me on Eternity rings please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone..

Well some may have read in my previous post that I''m in the market for a wedding band. I went to a local place to see the Beverley K rings in person and realized they won''t go with my e-ring (they are too thick). As I was there I tried on some eternity rings and WOW I loved the look.

Now..I need to know the in''s and out''s of eternity rings. The different prong settings ect.

PLEASE post pics of your eternity bands!! Also if you can tell me what size the stones are and what kind of setting it''s called.

Any help is much appreciated. I think I may have it custom made from WF and I may even do a 3/4 eternity (still thinking about it).

BTW The rings I tried on today had 7 pointers and 12 pointers. Of course I LOVED the 12 pointers but not sure if that will fall in my budget.

Thanks a million
Annette, NYC

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
OOOOPS sorry I should have posted this under Rocky Talky

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is an example of a bezeled band, my wedding ring on my hand in the right pic, and the stock photo from the vendor (in this case Tiffany) on the left. There are a few on PS, some are full eternity and some are 1/2 or 3/4 instead.

There are bands that have thicker bezels (the metal surrounding the stone) as well, this much more on the thin side.

finebezelband.jpg

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
thanks Musey..your ring is beautiful. I saw one today just like your ring but it had milgrain (if that''s the name for it) edging. Thanks so much for that pic.

How many points are your stones?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of the most popular styles is shared-prong... usually when someone says "shared-prong" they're referring to the style on the top, with two prongs between each stone. Another variation is single shared-prong (below). You can do just about any size of diamonds in these rings, but they're not as commonly used for very, very small stones (melee) as for larger ones.

Both of these pieces are by Memoire, and I pulled them from the Pearlman's site.

sharedprongexample.jpg

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
You''re the best..thanks so much!
36.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 5:11:36 PM
Author: atroop711
thanks Musey..your ring is beautiful. I saw one today just like your ring but it had milgrain (if that''s the name for it) edging. Thanks so much for that pic.

How many points are your stones?
The stones in my ring are just under 2 points each (0.019ct, 1.9 points).

I love the milgrain look on bezel bands as well! I think both looks are beautiful in different ways - the polished edges look a little more modern, where the milgrain lends an antique-like charm to the ring.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 5:13:28 PM
36.gif
There are lots more! I''ll post more pics if I find good examples.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are two pave rings (both by Leon Mege, a favorite for this style). On the left is single-row and on the right three-row. There are rings out there with just about any number of rows.

There are different specific kinds of pave, but these are a good example of the general look - very small diamonds held in by very fine metalwork. The one on the left Leon calls "mushroom pave," and the one on the right is "micropave."

paveringsexample.jpg

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 5:14:24 PM
Author: musey
Date: 2/4/2009 5:13:28 PM

36.gif

There are lots more! I''ll post more pics if I find good examples.

Yes my e-ring has milgrain on it and I love that vintage inspired look. I look forward to any pics you find. Thanks again

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 5:20:06 PM
Here are two pave rings (both by Leon Mege, a favorite for this style). On the left is single-row and on the right three-row. There are rings out there with just about any number of rows.

There are different specific kinds of pave, but these are a good example of the general look - very small diamonds held in by very fine metalwork. The one on the left Leon calls ''mushroom pave,'' and the one on the right is ''micropave.''

I knew coming back to PS to ask my q''s was a good idea. I''m loving all of these looks.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should check out the Legacy eternity band from Tiff''s. It has milgrain and is very pretty.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are a bunch of Beverley K''s antiquey bands... just gorgeous.

beverleykbands.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 5:22:51 PM
Author: Kaleigh
You should check out the Legacy eternity band from Tiff''s. It has milgrain and is very pretty.
I love that one! Scott Kay has a similar bead-set band that is also gorgeous.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 5:22:51 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Thanks Kaleigh I will do that!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 5:29:50 PM
Here are a bunch of Beverley K''s antiquey bands... just gorgeous.

Thanks again...I love her work just beautiful! Some of her bands are too thick
7.gif
to be worn with my ring but I do love a few that you listed.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
here's mine! it's 1 ctw and the stones are 5 points each. i have the single shared prong setting but since i'm very hard on my hands at work (i'm an assistant manager at a sports bar so i bartend, carry dishes, wash glasses and do some heavy lifting), i hope to have it re-set in a bezel setting like musey's. i feel like i'm always taking off my ring at work since i worry i might damage it in some way. i guess my advice would be to choose what fits your lifestyle and of course, reflects your taste as well. also, be weary of an e-band rubbing against your e-ring! obviously, all rings will rub together but in some shared prong settings, the diamonds and even the metal can cause damage on your e-ring's prongs. if you're able to try e-bands on in person, be sure the height of the band is low enough so that it doesn't reach the prongs. another option is to either wear a spacer band between the e-band and e-ring or get them soldered together. i hope this helps and i hope i didn't sound like a "debbie-downer".
25.gif
i really do love e-bands...i adore the fact that i've got some sparkles no matter which way i turn my hand.
9.gif
best wishes in your search and please post pics whenever you get one!

vipeband.JPG

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much VIP0802...I never thought of the height of the eternity band..I will really look into that and discuss with WF. Since they made my e-ring for me, I''m sure they will be able to advise me on height of the ring (something I would have not thought of to ask before you pointed it out...thanks).

I will def. post pics once all is done.

Annette

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have the same style bezeled eternity as Musey, but with alternating pink sapphires and milgrain. Mine is a Beverly K and it''s actually much more delicate in person than it shows in my picture, and the fine milgrain is not very obvious in the photo either.
myBKweddingset2.jpg

Musey, I LOVE that LM band on the right!
30.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 8:26:18 AM
Author: Babyblue033
I have the same style bezeled eternity as Musey, but with alternating pink sapphires and milgrain. Mine is a Beverly K and it''s actually much more delicate in person than it shows in my picture, and the fine milgrain is not very obvious in the photo either.

myBKweddingset2.jpg

Musey, I LOVE that LM band on the right!
30.gif

THanks for posting...your wedding band is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results