shape
carat
color
clarity

Schitt’s creek. Is there a thread for this show already?

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
One of my favorite shows!!!! It’s so, so good.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s the best!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay! You all have convinced me. Despite the fact that Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara have been two of my most favorite actors/comedians since SCTV days, I had tried to watch Schitt's Creek and found, in the first episode or two, their characters seemed more like caricatures of people, so didn't continue. But now I'll go back - gives me something more to do than feeling trapped at home! :lol-2:

Persevere
Honestly its worth the effort

I watched the first couple and wasn't impressed but i came back to it a few months latter (likw 18 months) and it honestly just gets better and better

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We also tried the first couple of episodes and also felt like the characters were exaggerated caricatures. We’ll try again. Thanks for the push!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE this show!!

Yes, it starts off slow in that the characters are exaggerated with nothing to sink your teeth into as far as depth or soul goes. I kept watching out of fascination for the actor's interesting mannerisms (especially David, omg his expressions are priceless!). That changes, however. Once it does, you have the most delightful combination of depth and growth alongside quirky, interesting, comical personalities.

I watched a few early episodes after having watched most of the series. I did wonder why I stuck with it as the stark contrast between what the show became and what it started out as was glaring. I find that true of a lot of shows though (The Office comes to mind). It takes time for the writers and actors to evolve the characters and story line. Schitt's Creek does this masterfully!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@rainydaze I totally agree! I find the actors' mannerisms totally fascinating. How did they create these characters?! I saw an interview with Annie Murphy and I was shocked how unlike Alexis she was. I realized that she is an artist who has crafted a character.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, S1E8 with the Allez Vous MLM? Omg dyingggggg this is the same shit that happens over and over in my little midwest neck of the woods!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Much love for this show.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I Love this series! Well deserved Emmy honors! Anyone know when season 6 will be on Netflix?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I Love this series! Well deserved Emmy honors! Anyone know when season 6 will be on Netflix?

I paid and watched season 6, maybe through amazon prime? I can’t remember. Season 6 was so beautiful that I just hated it ended!!!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE this series! It’s one of the very few shows that made laugh out loud. It has a lot of heart and all the characters are lovable. However, my fave is hands down Catherine O’ Hara’s character. She’s downright wacky and oh, that accent is so original that every time she speaks, she just made me laugh.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
We also tried the first couple of episodes and also felt like the characters were exaggerated caricatures. We’ll try again. Thanks for the push!

Hi, slick! I agree, they seem like exaggerated caricatures and felt exactly the same during its first couple of episodes. But after slogging through a few more espisodes, I think it was intentionally written that way so that when the characters do evolve, or discover their “true selves” beneath the “campiness,” you‘ll find that it’s written with a lot of heart and compassion, acceptance and/or tolerance. At least, that‘s what I experienced while watching it. Hope you enjoy it as much I did :D

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
It’s so funny and as a Canadian I love the accolades it got as well. For those who binged it all and are looking for something new, might I suggest another Canadian treasure called “Kim’s Convenience”.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
LOVE this series! It’s one of the very few shows that made laugh out loud. It has a lot of heart and all the characters are lovable. However, my fave is hands down Catherine O’ Hara’s character. She’s downright wacky and oh, that accent is so original that every time she speaks, she just made me laugh.

Oh the wine episode was Catherine at her best. I couldn’t stop laughing.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s so funny and as a Canadian I love the accolades it got as well. For those who binged it all and are looking for something new, might I suggest another Canadian treasure called “Kim’s Convenience”.

Agreed! Kim’s Convenience is good!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, slick! I agree, they seem like exaggerated caricatures and felt exactly the same during its first couple of episodes. But after slogging through a few more espisodes, I think it was intentionally written that way so that when the characters do evolve, or discover their “true selves” beneath the “campiness,” you‘ll find that it’s written with a lot of heart and compassion, acceptance and/or tolerance. At least, that‘s what I experienced while watching it. Hope you enjoy it as much I did :D

You’re right!! We went back to it and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It shows the evolution of their characters well. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results