shape
carat
color
clarity

Scenes from JCK 2006

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Out in Vegas, Paul was a great chauffeur.

If he polished tips off his Princess cuts he’d be a chamfering chauffeur.
He cuts so well he could even be considered a champion chamfering chauffeur.

0603_Fun_PaulDrives.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Our socializing provides great opportunity for brainstorming. We are fortunate to have such creative minds here. I learn so much by talking to all of these peers.

The last evening for some of us was spent at the Bouchon restaurant in the Venetian. Billed as ‘French country cuisine,’ our international guests found it somewhat Belgian.

0604_Fun_Dinner2.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
We began with lobster, oysters, shrimp, clams and mussels (Petit Plateau), and Lieve interfaced with the sommelier to decide on a wonderful Chablis.

0604_Fun_DinnerApp.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
A scallop special, steak frites, poulet roti and moules au safran et a la moutarde were among the main courses chosen. We all enjoyed the special occasion, and the prices were surprisingly moderate.

0604_Fun_Dinner3.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
35.gif

0605_SeeYouNextYr.jpg

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
Wow, thanks John Q. for this fantastic coverage. The pictures are excellent. Makes all of us "back home" feel like we''re there with you (almost!). Safe trip back for all.

Judi and the "processing team"
face1.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Hi John

Yes, You''ve done an amazing job of getting photos of so many various things there.

Lesley looks different from the last time I saw here..... She ACTUALLY looks younger!

Curious to hear some more about the facet scanner from GIA.....

I love the new Presentation ASET..... the balanced lighting in it and the ability to examine set stones makes for a great advantage, but the ASET Desktop is a whole lot easier to get a photo image from, although I am experimenting with the Presentation and my cameras.

You back home in Houston now?

Rockdoc

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/6/2006 4:04:41 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
Wink and Paul and a nice skyline.
Hey no fair, that is last year's photo, I have lost many pounds since then...
2.gif

Wink

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the detailed info!!!!

and I CAN''T WAIT FOR THOSE AGS0 EMERALD CUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG...
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

Capitol Bill

Shiny_Rock
Hi All!

Just got home a few hours ago from LV and looking forward to a good night''s rest. The show (once again) proved to be well worth attending. It helped us all keep up with the wealth of information on cut grading, gave us a glimpse at the latest industry trends and allowed us to discuss these things in a very open, relaxed setting. On second thought, it sounds exactly like what we have here everyday on PriceScope (except perhaps there was a bit more drinking)
2.gif

I was pleased with some nice "finds" this year, as well as having the opportunity to strengthen relationships with friends and suppliers, and making new, promising contacts for the coming year. And at the end of each day there was the wonderful group of PriceScope friends to hang out with.

Special thanks to JohnQ for taking copious photos to provide a window into his show experience (and portions of others'' as well!). It was fun to look through this thread and see all of the photos that I''ve been hearing about over the past several days. I am so grateful to know and be associated with all of the wonderful PriceScopers who attended the show. I had a great time and I look forward to next year!

Now for some sleep...
24.gif

Bill Scherlag

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what great pics!
36.gif

thanks for thinking of us and taking the time to gather so much info to post in this extensive photo montage from vegas! it''s so nice to see the friendly (and extremely intelligent) faces of ps. what a great group!
35.gif

thanks john!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Not everything that happens in Vegas stays there--glad to be able to "see" some of that happening...thanks for sharing!! Great pics!!

cheers--Sharon

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/6/2006 2:49:15 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
Crunk.
emnote.gif
Too funny John. Phenomenal job with the pix. Thanks a ton for sharing man.

Strm .... you had me rolling with the throne.

Have safe trips home all.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pics John, you did a great job so us PSers could enjoy the convention vicariously!

BTW nice whistles you were wearing - very smart ( suits!)

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
John, this was a magnificent thread. The photos, the insider info, being able to put faces to PS names as well as industry leaders is just a priceless thing for me. I love to be able to see people in my head when I see their screen name responding to a thread. Thank you for that.

Wink, congrats on your special mention. It''s so funny that your thoughts about your experience meeting heroes parallels many of us here at PS. We get to "meet" you guys every day here on threads that entertain and educate. I share your awe.

Thank you all so much for sharing your thoughts and impressions and photos. I for one am so appreciative of the time and effort that required. Sir John, you are a true knight in shining armor for doing that for us here. Thanks.

shay

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
I just returned from vacation and truly appreciate the many wonderful comments. It was a great pleasure to share these things with interested Pricescopers. Weeks later I'm still enjoying the afterglow.

I bumped this thread for a final note: Wink's testimonial is featured on the AGS Advanced Instrument Division homepage right now: http://www.agsaid.net/index.aspx

Another nod to PS community members impacting the industry in positive ways.

Looking forward to more.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL! How fun is that?!

I really do love having that tool here in the office for my walk in clients, it makes everything so simple.

Wink

yeewl

Shiny_Rock
Hello John,

Glad to know you enjoyed the L Vegas trip. It''s an eye-opening experience for me just looking at all those kool pics.(wish I was there too :razz: )

I recently ordered a ASET hand held set from Garry (Precious Metals) online and hubby brought it back together with the 2004 IDCC diamond cut conference,(heavy reading stuff) during his trip to Melbourne. Just can''t stop playing with my new toy and reading that magazine. I didn''t have a chance to thank his staff, Arthur Yeo personally, for all the stuff he passed to my hubby to bring back.

I especially like the article written by your boss, Brian Gavin on "Hearts and arrows, how they are formed and how they should be graded".
Garry Holloway''s article on "interpreting ideal-scope image" is kool too.
I met Maarten de witte, the cutter from Hearts on Fire when he came to Singapore at Centerpoint shopping mall organised by Tianpo jewellery few years ago. Took with him cutting tools including a machine which resembled a LP player for polishing those diamond facets. He showed me how it''s like to cut and polish HOF diamond. I enjoyed the talk very much.

The ASET an interesting new tool for me, althought i still find the idealscope much easier to handle. Took me a while to get used to it and what to look, what those 3 color means etc.

I took the ASET and show to one of the sales manager yesterday and boy, was she amazed!!!
We used it on round ideal, marquise and princess cut diamonds, can really see a difference, the light leakage bold arrows etc. Perhaps because the shop were so brightly lit with strong spotlights.

If you have better tips on how to use the scope do let me know. I am a slow learner so please be patient with me.

Kind regards
WL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results