shape
carat
color
clarity

Scapolite - Going to be cut in an Asscher!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to share. Peter is cutting this Scapolite for me into an Asscher! I''m soooooo excited!!!!!

scap_Caxis.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Second pic!

scap_ABaxis.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Lauren,
It appears that the deeper more prized color is along the top of the rough and not the flat elongated axis. Is that were the table of the asscher will be? If so, that would be a really amazing yellow color.
36.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Lauren,

That is going to be very nice. Do you have plans for it?

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
It appears that the deeper more prized color is along the top of the rough and not the flat elongated axis. Is that were the table of the asscher will be? If so, that would be a really amazing yellow color.

Scapolite shows a much stronger color down the C axis, but if the table is cut at right angles to this deep color direction, the yield will be very low. Since an asscher is a square cut, it will likely be cut to show this stronger color. But the color in the cut stone will be lighter than what you see here, since perhaps 80% of the material will be cut away.

I have an intense 10.92 ct yellow scapolite, oriented to show best color. It came from a 50 ct crystal. The 5.62 ct green/orange diaspore I have in another thread, was also oriented to show strongest color change. It came from a 35 ct crystal. Yield can be terrible if the gem is cut to show the best color.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oohh I love Peters stones! I can''t wait to see what he comes up with
36.gif
Lucky you!

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Peter''s work is great! He cut a beautiful garnet for me last year....

That yellow is soo lovely! Can''t wait to see what it turns out like!
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
wow I can''t wait to see it cut Lauren - it looks like it''s going to be amazing!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 11:07:07 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Congratulations Lauren,
36.gif
I believe it will be.

I have no plans as of yet - just wanted to start a collection of well cut Asscher gemstones. I have my Aqua from Finewater already, so hoping to see this one turn out the way I envision.

I''m also working on another project with the lovely Peter!
2.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren,
That sounds like a fun and beautiful collection you''re embarking on. How exciting!!
36.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
That will be gorgeous! Can''t wait to see it once it''s cut
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gee, now I wonder how this will turn out. I love the colour from the C axis view but in order to retain weight, then he''ll have to cut it where the lighter colour is shown.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I''m so excited for you, Lauren!! Can''t wait to see the finished product!!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh can''t wait to see how it turns out! looks a very pretty yellow!
36.gif
36.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
That is going to be amazing! I can't wait to see it!!
36.gif

ETA: OK, it's been a REALLY long day (in Asia) and I REALLY like this stone I guess - since I posted twice!
9.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be interesting to see how it turns out. I bet it will be gorgeous! I always love looking at roughs and then the final stone. It''s so fun to see where they come from and how they turn out. Thanks for showing this.
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m really curious to see how it will turn out, too. I can''t do a ring with it because it''s so soft, but I was thinking a yellow pendant might be nice . . .

I''ll post pics as soon as I hear back from Gene that it''s done!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Love the lemony hue LTP! It looks like a delicious citrusy gem! Looking forward to seeing the final product.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results