shape
carat
color
clarity

Scapolite - Another Gene Creation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I noticed a Scapolite on Gene''s website the other day but it had sold.
7.gif

So I emailed him, asked if he had any more rough and he replied saying he did but would like to cut a slightly bigger stone - no problem with me!
36.gif

He emailed me yesterday with photos and hopefully it''s on it''s way across the pond as I type ........ I hope Gene doesn''t mind me posting his lovely photos.

Stats: 1.68ct and 6.95mm. He said that in the picture the stone doesn''t look symmetrical, but it is, its just that the camera wasn''t dead center over the table.

I can''t wait ..................

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one .......... I normally avoid gems with a grey mask but this was just too pretty to pass up!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! I love his work.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
looks gorgeous! I love the colour!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
That''s gorgeous, please post lots of pics when you get it. It stinks that it has to travel so far.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Cool Scapolite LD! I really love the color.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous color!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I was totally admiring that picture on his website - I can''t wait to see/hear what that beauty looks like in person
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it!!!
30.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous color!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
That is lovely!! Such a rich purple color.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it is a gorgeous color! I can''t wait to see more.
36.gif
36.gif

BlueSea

Rough_Rock
The purple Scapolite that Gene cut is really lovely in person. I got his first one a couple of weeks ago.
LovingDiamonds, you will love it - I''m sure.
I''ve never seen a Scapolite before. I bought it because it was an Asscher and I was in love with the color.
But when I see it in person, I was taken by surprise to see how lively, sparkled it is. Gene does wonderful work!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

I can''t wait to see more pictures! Have you decided on how you''re setting it yet?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2009 12:57:15 AM
Author: BlueSea
The purple Scapolite that Gene cut is really lovely in person. I got his first one a couple of weeks ago.
LovingDiamonds, you will love it - I''m sure.
I''ve never seen a Scapolite before. I bought it because it was an Asscher and I was in love with the color.
But when I see it in person, I was taken by surprise to see how lively, sparkled it is. Gene does wonderful work!!!
That''s great to hear - thank you for posting! Typically Scapolite is a fairly flat looking gemstone so if it''s sparkley then that''s an added bonus! Have you had yours set yet?

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have to differ with you LovingDiamonds. A good scapolite has a lot of sparkle. To me the purple ones look like amethyst on steriods. I always thought they had a lot more flash and sparkle. It may be all in the cut.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2009 1:42:58 PM
Author: PrecisionGem
I have to differ with you LovingDiamonds. A good scapolite has a lot of sparkle. To me the purple ones look like amethyst on steriods. I always thought they had a lot more flash and sparkle. It may be all in the cut.
Who am I to argue and if it's like Amethyst on steroids then I'll be a very happy camper! (However, I do think that most of it will be in the cut .................
2.gif
)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great color. Looks like a lovely stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wondering who''s taking that one home. It''s a lovely vivid colour.

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
It''s beautiful!

I actually tried to buy the smaller one, and it let me checkout and everything, but it turns out it had already been sold. I''m still sad!

BlueSea

Rough_Rock
Oh, Vetrik, I''m sorry. Maybe Gene has more in the rough that you could ask?
I know how you feel - I''ve had my share of times of missing out these things too.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to research Scapolite, but my eyes see a gorgeous Grape Jelley color stone with blue flashes that is absolutely stunning. Wow!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

Purple...yummmm.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW.....WHAT A BEAUTY!!!
30.gif

Lori

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have your stone yet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results