shape
carat
color
clarity

Scammed by The Diamond Company and Fine Gold Jewellers

J3n

Rough_Rock
Just returned our diamond engagement ring because the diamond is not as per stated on receipt.

We purchased the ring at Fine Gold Jeweellers and was sent to pick it up at The Diamond Company because they told us they're the same company.

Fine Gold Jeweller and The Diamond Company sold us a diamond of:

1 Carat
F colour
VS2
Very good cut

The reality (2 appraisals as proof):

1 Carat
H/I colour
SI1
Good cut

We should've done more research but the sales representative were good; said all the right things and told us things to confuse us when we initially asked for GIA certifications. They used "GIA Graduate Certified" certificates claiming it's the same thing. So we didn't get GIA certificates when we thought that's what we're getting until we received the ring then reassured us we got a good diamond.

When we realize the diamond performed very poorly outside of the store, we went back to speak to them and they responded rudely and insisted we had changed our mind and would not offer to take a look at the ring nor offer us a refund. We had to fight for it for months. After all the stress we did go out and got 2 appraisals for the diamond so we can get a refund via our credit card company and even after the refund we re short on the money for 2 appraisals.

Ohh and they want us to sign a FINAL and FULL settlement with a confidential clause. Obviously, they are hiding something when they with hold our refund to try and force us to sign something like that.

Now that I'm looking back at it; it's a very sketchy store. Confusing sales rep., non-refundable deposit, no return policy, with holding our refund unless we sign a settlement, trying to silence us with a confidential clause...etc.

We really hope that no one else would fall into the same situation as we did.

Suspenders83

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I've also visited the Diamond Co in both Mississauga (Square one) and Toronto (Yorkdale). Both stores seemed to be very sketchy, and without me bringing anything up about online shopping, they tried to consistently downplay places like BlueNile, saying that they offer much better value and service.

They also claimed that their diamonds are GIA certified. I'm glad I went with WhiteFlash and didn't bother giving them a second chance.

For a local jeweler (in Mississauga), I'd suggest Emilian Jewellery. Otherwise, I recently purchased an e-ring from Whiteflash and had an amazing experience. :)

Reactions: J3n

J3n

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I've also visited the Diamond Co in both Mississauga (Square one) and Toronto (Yorkdale). Both stores seemed to be very sketchy, and without me bringing anything up about online shopping, they tried to consistently downplay places like BlueNile, saying that they offer much better value and service.

They also claimed that their diamonds are GIA certified. I'm glad I went with WhiteFlash and didn't bother giving them a second chance.

For a local jeweler (in Mississauga), I'd suggest Emilian Jewellery. Otherwise, I recently purchased an e-ring from Whiteflash and had an amazing experience. :)

Thank you for replying and recommending someone else!

I'm so glad to hear that I was not the only one that thinks they're dishonest. I feel pretty happy to know that you were able to avoid them because I had wished we had found someone else too.

I just want to create this thread to warn people so they don't have to go through such a terrible experience in what is supposed to be one of the sweetest and happiest times.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you find the perfect ring soon.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting your experience so others are aware!

J3n

Rough_Rock
We ended up using Martin Sheffield and he was awesome! We finally got my engagement ring :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results