shape
carat
color
clarity

Scammed by Anil Samtani / Joy Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SolarDevil

Rough_Rock
I ordered from JoyDiamonds.com in July 2002 based on a copy of a GIA cert for a 1.50 F IF, 58.7% depth, 59% table. Super cheap price so I fell for it. Well, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

I got my ring after 2 months. I ordered platinum, but I got white gold. The original GIA certificate never materialized. I pulled the stone and sent it to the GIA. Turns out a 1.51 G VS2, 54.4% depth, 69% table.

Buyer Beware. Frankly, I'm surprised I got any stone at all. Anil Samtani could have just walked with my cash.

69% is a very wide table. I can't find such a poor cut for sale anywhere. I learned it's simple to re-grind a stone down to an ideal cut. My jeweler estimated it would end up 1.1 carat ideal cut. However, my fiancee is happy and the jeweler recommended against re-polishing despite the money he'd make off the procedure.

By two appraisals it's still worth more than I paid. Apparently I got what I paid for, I just didn't get what I wanted.

All in all it was a horrible experience and I hope I'm wiser next time.

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
They claim to be out of business or something. Maybe do something about it.

beenscammed

Rough_Rock
I am in a similar situation with Anil Samtani - have you tried to take this up and slap him with a lawsuit?

gemsource

Rough_Rock
maybe you should see the wanted poster on the web under joy diamonds he also works as infinate gems,i am supprised you recieved anything he must of been in a good mood.poster reads wanted fbi

beenscammed

Rough_Rock
saw the wanted poster, there has got to be a way to band together and get this guy. any ideas around this? where does this samtani operate from?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results