shape
carat
color
clarity

scalloped ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ddong2lee

Rough_Rock
hey everyone.
what does the term scalloped mean? i''m sure a lot of you already have seen lynn b''s fishtail pave setting which i think looks AMAZING btw. she mentioned that the head is scalloped. what does that mean exactly? for me, i can''t tell a difference between a regular 4-pronged setting and a scalloped setting. here is lynn''s post of her ring.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-gorgeous-new-fishtail-pave-set-from-wf.46129/

i''m sorry if i sound so naive and stupid but if you can inform me that would be great. please don''t be too harsh on me.
emsmile.gif

thank you!

krockie

Shiny_Rock
Don''t apologize! Its an honest qusetion.
From looking at those photos, it seems to me like the side shot of the head shows the scallop. Think of it as that swoopy widened "w" shape that curls around the side of the diamond and connects the prongs in those photos.

Anyone else? Did I guess right?

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
that was my guess, krockie.

PugLover

Rough_Rock
Yep looking at the profile of LynnB''s ring you can see "scalloped" pieces that connect the prongs. This is called the Legato head. I also have this kind of head on my ring. Here''s a good shot of it.

legatoprofile12.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results