shape
carat
color
clarity

Sayings You Hate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
my favorite that really bugs people is..
It don''t make me no never mind.
They are like huh?

bit me cuz a byte is to much

Whats funny is that wifey2b picks up my sayings then her friends look at her like she has 3 heads lol

one that really annoys me is people who instead of trying to do something say:
I cant do that because I''m a girl or old or blond or dumb

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2009 11:42:25 PM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 4/24/2009 5:21:46 PM
Author: Lorelei
Oh I have just thought of one for Strm.
25.gif

ICY WHITE DIAMONDS.
your mean

8.gif
39.gif
41.gif

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
oooh, you guys are good! You''ve hit most of mine, but here are a couple more:
"It''s not my job" Maybe I''m too nice, but even if it isn''t my job, I''ll find a way or the right person to help you get whatever you need done.
"Can I AXE you a question?" No, if I wanted my question murdered, I''d find a better way.
"We need to have a ''come to Jesus'' meeting." Um, are we having a revival in the office?
"Now we''re cooking with gas!"
20.gif

"You and so-and-so need to put your heads together and..." No thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/25/2009 7:37:14 AM
Author: PaulaW
oooh, you guys are good! You''ve hit most of mine, but here are a couple more:
''It''s not my job'' Maybe I''m too nice, but even if it isn''t my job, I''ll find a way or the right person to help you get whatever you need done.
''Can I AXE you a question?'' No, if I wanted my question murdered, I''d find a better way.
''We need to have a ''come to Jesus'' meeting.'' Um, are we having a revival in the office?
''Now we''re cooking with gas!''
20.gif

''You and so-and-so need to put your heads together and...'' No thanks!
* snort*
9.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
33.gif
Had a good one, I just hate it
41.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
This isn't really a saying, but I don't like when people refer to their boyfriends or girlfriends as "BF" or "the GF." For some reason, it bugs me. How about using a pronoun and saying "my/his/her boyfriend or girlfriend?"

The other one is "I love me some..." This one drives me absolutely crazy.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure I'll agree with others' opinions as I read on.

ETA: I hate "my bad" too.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"So I says..."
"Anyways" (why do some people always put an S at the end of everything?)
"My bad" (especally when said by someone older than like 18)

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got another one...

"it''s mines"

arrrggghhhh (there goes that extra s again...)

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I hate it when people say "I seen so and so" instead of "I saw so and so"
32.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 6:31:02 PM
Author: HollyS

Date: 4/24/2009 1:47:05 PM
Author: meresal
Ok, this is a HUGE one for me, if we're talking grammar... 'ILLINOIS' I literally cringe when people pronounce the S.

I'm talking some other management officers around my office.
It's especially cringe worthy if you are orginally from IllinoiS and your fellow state mates where you live now just cannot NOT say the S. Geography, anyone? I don't pronounce Arkansas - - R Kansas.
Holly, I would never be able to put up with that. If I was from Illinois, I would feel obligated to let people know they are saying it wrong.

A co-worker of mine was going to Kauai, and she kept pronouncing it, Ka-waii (like Hawaii, but with a Ka at the beginning.) I knew people there would laugh at her if she kept pronouncing it that way, so I had to tell her. She was so thankful, lol.

The S at the end of Illinois is so annoying to me, I would be willing to put billboards up around the nation, if I had the funds. I just have no idea WHY people don't know this???

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
"You're either with us or against us."
(Are we stuck in some old western shoot-outs or something?)

"Muslim terrorists"
(A terrorist is a terrorist, you moron. What does religion have to do with it? Would you have felt better had they been Christian or Jewish?)

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
"That hit the spot" (regarding something someone has eaten)...I have no idea why but this completely grosses me out! Eeeew, just makes me cringe...

Actually, I can't stand most the sayings people have listed- I guess I'm hard to please
3.gif

But I do have to admit that I often say "It is what it is"...I love that phrase because I tend to obsess over things that I can't control or decisions that I have already made, and it reminds me to stop b/c I can't do a damn thing about it.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 5:21:16 PM
I HATE '' my bad.'' DREADFUL saying.
29.gif
Whoops! I use that one all the time. My bad.
3.gif
9.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I hate when I hear "...made my heart sing"

and any sentence with the word "peeps" in it!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I really hate:

"Kill two birds with one stone"

and

"You can''t beat a dead horse"

Two things I would never think of doing...

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
I HATE it when someone barks ''Relax!'' at me.
11.gif
Like that''s gonna help?

I also hate any smarmily oversincere scripted nonsense that a phone tree will blab to you while you are waiting on customer service permahold - "we are deeply committed to your overall experience and your happiness is of ultimate importance to us blah blah blah..." You know what would make me really happy? Not waiting 10 minutes for a human being to answer the phone.
11.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 11:24:28 AM
Author: gummibear

Date: 4/24/2009 11:21:11 AM
Author: luckystar112

Date: 4/24/2009 10:39:06 AM
Author: Inanna
''Blah, blah, blah... in this economy.''

ETA: ''It is what it is'' drives me crazay!
Ditto this one.
Thritto!

And I hate it when people say ''Hi, how are you?'' But they really don''t expect an answer. It''s just like ''how are you'' is an extension of hello.
EXACTLY....don''t ask how I am if you don''t want the truth!!!
38.gif

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 6:24:59 PM
Author: HollyS
Overused:

My bad. (No. It''s your mistake, your f--- up, your problem. Your bad was not knowing an adjective from a noun.)

Have a nice day. (only because the person saying it rarely means it, it''s just rote mumblings to them; how ''bout somethng less trite?)

No problem. (In response to ''Thank you''. Whatever happened to ''Your welcome''?)
THANK YOU HOLLY!!!! Who came up with NO PROBLEM???? I still don''t know how to respond to that one.....
38.gif

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 6:59:21 PM
Author: whitby_2773
oh! oh!

''that which does not kill us makes us stronger''

that SAYING makes me wanna kill somebody! i''m a psychologist, and i''m here to tell you that that which is so painful to us that it has to be described in terms of survival or near death tends to leave bloody big scars across our psyche!

we might survive it - but it for SURE does not make us stronger!

ever met a victim of rape? child abuse? domestic violence? ''stronger''? yeah - no.

grrrrrrrrrrrr....
AMEN Whitby!!!!
36.gif

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 11:51:57 PM
Author: strmrdr
my favorite that really bugs people is..
It don''t make me no never mind.
They are like huh?

bit me cuz a byte is to much

Whats funny is that wifey2b picks up my sayings then her friends look at her like she has 3 heads lol

one that really annoys me is people who instead of trying to do something say:
I cant do that because I''m a girl or old or blond or dumb
How pathetic "I can''t do that because I''m a girl or old or blond or dumb".....UGG!!!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Can someone please tell me if the following is proper English:

"I will take care of it ON TOMORROW."

Shouldn''t it be:

"I will take care of it TOMORROW."

This drives me NUTS when I hear it...
38.gif

Lori

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"I need you to..." as in "I need you to address this postcard." No, you want me to... and please throw in a "please" while you''re at it!

Thank you!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 11:16:32 AM
Author: aprilcait
Corporate speak drives me up the wall. The most popular sayings people in my department are spouting out at meetings now are:

- ''on it like white on rice''

- ''burning platform''

- ''it''s bigger than a bread basket'' (Seriously, how the heck does that make sense? Where are these giant bread baskets that everyone seems to be referring to?)

- ''from soup to nuts'' (means: from beginning to end... why don''t they just say ''from beginning to end''?)

- ''a well-oiled machine''

- ''cut the fat and running lean''

- ''skill to kill''

Incorrect sayings that aren''t words or mean the exact opposite of what the person intends to say drive me up the wall too -- ''anyways'' (instead of ''anyway''), ''irregardless'' (instead of ''regardless''), ''could care less'' (instead of ''couldn''t care less''), etc.

**Deep breath** Man, am I glad it''s Friday!
9.gif

You owe me a monitor :razz: that was freakin hilarious, thankfully I have never heard anyone say that.

I especially hate

Good for a Monday - WTF is that meant to mean if it was Tuesday you would be feeling fantastic!!!!! no idea why but it gives me the major sheets.

There are others but I can''t think of them right now.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
29.gif

Date: 4/25/2009 1:58:07 PM
Author: CJ2008
''So I says...''

''Anyways'' (why do some people always put an S at the end of everything?)

''My bad'' (especally when said by someone older than like 18)

Lozza does that mean you hate me
6.gif

Poke me with a stick because I am over 18 and say that one ALL the time
25.gif
, I had some slightly older guy give me a tirade on that saying and how young people use it but because he was giving me the sheets I just said again right back at him - not mature but hilarious none the less.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2009 4:14:20 AM
Author: Deelight

29.gif

''So I says...''

6.gif

25.gif
, I had some slightly older guy give me a tirade on that saying and how young people use it but because he was giving me the sheets I just said again right back at him - not mature but hilarious none the less.
No Bruddah Dezza, I wuvs and will forgive you!
emrose.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too cringe when I hear people say "irregardless" (for God's sake, people, there's no such word!), or when they mix up the use of the words "hence" and "thus", or when they say "hex" instead of "hash" for "#" or when they don't bother saying the full thing when it comes to numbers (so instead of saying "one thousand nine hundred and eight-five dolllars and sixty cents" for "$1,985.60", they will say "1" "9" "8" 5" "6" "0" and without the "point" too!! ARRRGGGHHH!!)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2009 5:31:23 AM
Date: 4/26/2009 4:14:20 AM

Author: Deelight

29.gif

''So I says...''

6.gif

25.gif

No Bruddah Dezza, I wuvs and will forgive you!
emrose.gif

Thanks Bruddah :), and I promise if we ever meet never to utter that saying within hearing distance to you
36.gif
17.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t stand "at the end of the day". What does that even mean???

Another one that bugs me is "I couldn''t care less" somewhere along the line seems to have been changed to "I could care less", without the ''n''t''. What the?!That has a totally different meaning! I couldn''t care less means that your level of caring is ZERO. I COULD care less means that you still care a little bit, because you could actually care less than you do.... ahh I''m getting all worked up over a saying
41.gif

The one that used to irritate me the most was when I worked at a jewellers. So often people would try on a piece of jewellery, LOVE it, say they''ll take it and then decide they''ll sleep on it (fine with me!) but then follow it up with "if it''s still here tomorrow/in a week, it''s meant to be".
gaah.gif

Just freakin'' buy it already
3.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I hate it when people say (referring to another person)- "they either like you or they don''t"

Ummmm... Isn''t that how EVERYONE works?!? Either I like you, or I don''t. It doesn''t make someone special, and it''s not an excuse for someone to behave like an ass. (Co-worker issues...)

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 7:18:34 PM
Author: doodle

Date: 4/24/2009 6:26:05 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone

Date: 4/24/2009 5:13:45 PM

Date: 4/24/2009 5:11:16 PM

Author: doodle

Date: 4/24/2009 1:26:01 PM

People who say ''for all intensive purposes'' it''s intents and purposes.....if you don''t know what the correct expression is then you shouldn''t be using it.

Holy cannoli! I honestly never knew that I wasn''t using the correct expression on this one as I''ve only ever heard ''intensive purposes'' but yeah, that makes no sense! Thank you so much!

I hate the expression ''I haven''t got all day.'' Technically, yes, you do, unless you die, in which case, why are you in such a hurry? You''re dying today anyway!

''You''re not getting any younger'' Freaking duh! I always reply with a George Carlin quote, ''So far, this is the oldest I''ve been.''

No worries, I think it comes from law lingo.... can anyone weigh in here?

Tap tap...is this thing on??? I feel ignored today.

I hear ya, IWPO!

''This cliche (meaning ''practically'') is a shortening of the legal
phrase ''to all intents, constructions, and purposes'' (found in an
act adopted under Henry VIII in 1547). The corruption ''for all
intensive purposes'' is frequently reported.''

~from
here...
Thanks Doodle!! Makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results