shape
carat
color
clarity

Saw this in Vogue...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
This is my first post in this area of the forum (I usually stay in Rocky Talky) but I had to post these beauties for all you color-obsessed gals!

pink-tourmaline1.jpg

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Round sapphire...

sapphire-breguet1.jpg

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
EC sapphire...

sapphire-EC1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Bunnifer, they are lovely!

Deborah
34.gif

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Could you tell me who made these rings? What Vogue ad are these from?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
great rings!

movie zombie

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 12:50:25 PM
Author: Moosejaw
Could you tell me who made these rings? What Vogue ad are these from?

I believe they are made by the French watch designer, Breguet. They are mostly known for their classy, high-end watches but I guess they are delving into the realm of women''s jewelry as well. But, I have had one HECK of a time trying to find anyone who carries them. If a store does carry Breguet, they usually only carry watches. I have yet to try one on in person (and I am DYING to try the sapphire one!)

I believe I saw it in the Nov. or Dec. 2006 Vogue.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooooooooooooh - I particularly love the first one...
30.gif

dolphingirl22

Shiny_Rock
These are what I modeled my pearl ring after. I LOVE that style. I wanted to do diamonds on all the bands, but thought it would take away from the pearl. So we did just two small diamonds on each side.

pearl1.jpg

pearl2.jpg

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Where did you get it made? Do you know how big is your pearl? I am thinking I want a 1.5 princess as the center stone but I am afraid it might be too small.

dolphingirl22

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much. If I remember right the pearl is 9mm. I really need to take some better pictures of it since I got a new camera. I had it made at a local Jewler. He does a lot of custom pieces for me and I have been very happy with each one. Here is a link to his site:

http://www.jalbrechtfinejewelry.com

I think a 1.5ct princess would look awesome in a setting like that. Or this one is also one of my favorites:

dyan_devault.jpg

-Kristine

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
How is your pearl set? It does not seem to have any sort of basket...is it tension?? Although, it doesn''t seem as though the configuration would provide enough pressure...

I''m fascinated!
36.gif

dolphingirl22

Shiny_Rock
They actually had to drill a hole through the pearl to set it in this setting. I wasn''t sure about it at first, but I would rather be wearing it than having it sitting in a box. They drilled a hole and put a post through the pearl and soldered the post to the bands.It was really cool how they did this. They had to use a special machine that cost about 30K to solder the post because the heat could damage the pearl. here are some better pics. I don''t know if you noticed, but the bands on the outside are brushed, and the one in the middle is polished. I think your princess cut idea would look so good in this type of setting....let me see what I can do in photoshop.

pearl1-1.jpg

pearl2-1.jpg

pearl3.jpg

pearl4.jpg

pearl5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results