shape
carat
color
clarity

saw the 1.30C today

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ready

Rough_Rock
OK, I saw the 1.30 VS2 G round stone today. The vendor/gemologist placed it in the Brilliance Scope and it rated "High" on each bar (towards the high end of HIGH at that).

However, when looking through the H&A scope, it was not perfect symetrically, i.e., the hearts were not perfectly crisp and identical. But it was dazzling!

This gemologist personally guarantees that the clarity and color are as represented. For instance, he whipped out another stone whose cert rated as "H" color. He said at best it was a J. So he is representing it as such.
If an independent appraiser or lab differs with him, he gives a full refund. He said he hasn't had to do that yet.

The cert on this stone is an IGI, which really doesn't mean much to me. No grading lab makes diamonds, they just write grading reports. If I were so inclined, I could send the stone to GIA or AGS to get it re-graded if I decide on it. If it didn't come back G VS2 then I'd have my money back. This guy has been touted on this board in the past as a stand-up, well-qualified GIA gemologist/broker.

Comments?

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ready,

I have no doubt that the fellow in question
is a stand up guy and reputable person.

But will this justify spending thousands of dollars
and gaining peace of mind.

The hurdle you must over-come is over spending on
a diamond you may have reservations about.

If you want complete peace of mind than have that diamond sent to an independent appraiser prior to purchase.

Why pay for a diamond first than send it to an appraiser?

What if the diamond doesn't check out?

You would be surprised how the attitude of some vendors
change when they have your money in their pocket.

Buy Informed!

Kirk
www.diamondoptics.com

ready

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your advice. I fully intend on having the stone appraised by an independent appraiser before any money changes hands. It's a tidy sum we're talking about...although I think the price is fair if the stone checks out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results