shape
carat
color
clarity

Saw a 5 ct. yellow diamond yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
And it was horribly included!

I was at this jewelry store helping a guy friend buy pearls for his sisters, and in the display case, they had some yellow diamonds. They were in little boxes so the woman working pulled them out and showed them to me. Two were a little over 5 carats, the other was 3 carats. The first one I saw, the 5 ct. one, looked great from far away but when I looked at it more closely, there were a LOT of inclusions on the top right corner (the woman said it might be a radiant - I think it looked like a cushion). The color was lovely though - a pretty light yellow. Clarity listed was I2 (explains a lot). But it''s the first time I''ve seen a bigger loose stone, so it was an interesting experience.

Poor BF...I went home and e-mailed him, told him I saw some 3 and 5 ct stones and you know what? They don''t look THAT big! In fact, that 3 ct. size looks perfect...
2.gif

Anyway, thought I''d share!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 2:44:51 AM
Author:Brown.Eyed.Girl
And it was horribly included!

I was at this jewelry store helping a guy friend buy pearls for his sisters, and in the display case, they had some yellow diamonds. They were in little boxes so the woman working pulled them out and showed them to me. Two were a little over 5 carats, the other was 3 carats. The first one I saw, the 5 ct. one, looked great from far away but when I looked at it more closely, there were a LOT of inclusions on the top right corner (the woman said it might be a radiant - I think it looked like a cushion). The color was lovely though - a pretty light yellow. Clarity listed was I2 (explains a lot). But it''s the first time I''ve seen a bigger loose stone, so it was an interesting experience.

Poor BF...I went home and e-mailed him, told him I saw some 3 and 5 ct stones and you know what? They don''t look THAT big! In fact, that 3 ct. size looks perfect...
2.gif

Anyway, thought I''d share!
LOL - Did he have a minor heart attack?
2.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
He told me I was getting DSS before I had the diamond
2.gif

(I have lots of fun sending him links to various PS threads while I''m at work!)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
LOL! Poor man.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results