shape
carat
color
clarity

Savile Row Eyeglasses

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone own any Savile Row Glasses? What's your opinion on them? I'm interested in ordering the Savile Row 18kt Diaflex Round (Steve Jobs) eyeglasses through framesdirect. I want to hear your thoughts before I order because they are custom made (no cancellations, returns, etc). I love the detailed work on them. I included photos.
Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 12.12.15 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 12.12.23 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 12.12.28 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 12.12.36 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know these glasses but one caveat is make sure the screws/nosepads and the screws near the temple portion of the lens won't be in your peripheral vision while wearing it making it distracting. I once got glasses similar to the pair you shared above it the peripheral view of the nose pads and screws were distracting and I never got used to it. But I am sensitive that way and perhaps it won't bother you at all.

If you can try on a similar pair that would be best. Sort of like with diamond shapes. It might look good in a vacuum but every shape doesn't look great on everyone's hand nor is comfortable on everyone. Same for glasses re comfort and appearance. Right now I am commenting on the comfort of what might be in your peripheral vision but it might not bother you at all. Wanted to mention it just in case.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my glasses from the time I wake up until I go to bed, and these would not work for me as an only pair. I personally don't find wire rimmed to be comfortable for long term wear.

At current I have a glasses wardrobe of 12. One pair is wire rimmed but for going out purposes only...lol

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are very stylish, they look rimless but on close inspection they do appear to have a very thin edge? They might not be robust enough for daily wear. I once had a rimless pair that were broken across the lens by my child accidentally hitting me (not very hard, either!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my glasses from the time I wake up until I go to bed, and these would not work for me as an only pair. I personally don't find wire rimmed to be comfortable for long term wear.

At current I have a glasses wardrobe of 12. One pair is wire rimmed but for going out purposes only...lol

Haha a fellow eyeglass lover. I have many eyeglass pairs as well and love to match what I am wearing. Sadly most of my eyeglasses are back in Brooklyn and I only have a few pairs here. I miss choosing which pair to wear each day. Tortoise shell, blue, black, brown, grey, etc. It's fun and it is definitely a wardrobe accessory.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha a fellow eyeglass lover. I have many eyeglass pairs as well and love to match what I am wearing. Sadly most of my eyeglasses are back in Brooklyn and I only have a few pairs here. I miss choosing which pair to wear each day. Tortoise shell, blue, black, brown, grey, etc. It's fun and it is definitely a wardrobe accessory.

This has always been my ambition but it never seems to materialise! I always end up with one neutral looking pair that I wear all the time.

@Nikki1415 your look is very cool! The new glasses will suit you.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry all I can see is the hair. LOVE the color so much! One day if I cut my hair super short I am going blue. Or platinum blonde white. Haven't decided yet. Anyway that blue looks amazing on you.:love:
Thank you, that photo was a few months ago. I'm growing out my hair and just shadow rooting my hair. I loved the blue but it just stains everything, if they made permanent blue dye I would do it. I previously had silver/white blue hair.
This is my hair now.
70334806_404730516848879_6173705739253579776_n.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Nikki1415, you look fabulous in those glasses and the new ones will be equally awesome. I'm jealous. I really really really wanted round lenses when I had to get my eyeglass prescription changed last year. I tried frames similar to yours, ones with clear frames, basically tried on every round lensed frame in the store in a desperate attempt to deny that they made me look like an alien schoolmarm possessed by a demon.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
@Nikki1415, you look fabulous in those glasses and the new ones will be equally awesome. I'm jealous. I really really really wanted round lenses when I had to get my eyeglass prescription changed last year. I tried frames similar to yours, ones with clear frames, basically tried on every round lensed frame in the store in a desperate attempt to deny that they made me look like an alien schoolmarm possessed by a demon.
The "alien schoolmarm possessed by a demon" comment made me laugh! :lol: I feel the same way when I wear glasses with rims, it looks too 'heavy' on me. I like that rimless round glasses look sophisticated without looking like I have raccoon eyes lol.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
And thank you for the complement!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, that photo was a few months ago. I'm growing out my hair and just shadow rooting my hair. I loved the blue but it just stains everything, if they made permanent blue dye I would do it. I previously had silver/white blue hair.
This is my hair now.
70334806_404730516848879_6173705739253579776_n.jpg

Love this color and style too. Very feminine. I didn't realize blue dye comes off on everything.
I love the cool colors with your complexion but think you could wear any color and style.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results