shape
carat
color
clarity

Save the Date addressing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Ladies!

When it comes to Save the dates, should you include the "and guest" then also? (so they know to travel with guest)

Also, would it be cheesy to use address labels for STDs? I plan to get calligraphy on the invitations, but I had no idea the turn around time was so long, and I need to get my STDs out sooner that the time quoted. The other option is for me to hand write them. I have very neat print, but my cursive could use some practice.

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
I struggled with both of these very same questions!!

I ended up not sending an invite to the "and guest" if I did not know who it was. If they lived together, I put their live-in''s name on the invite. If they were engaged, I sent one to each of them at their own home. If I wasn''t sure who they were bringing, I sent one just to them, and made it known through word-of-mouth that everyone would be welcome to bring a guest. Most people seemed cool with that.

Re: the return address. It is my personal opinion, but address labels of any kind make me crazy. I opted to print the return address and the address on the front on our home printer on the envelope. My hand-writing is crappy, too!

How exciting, STD''s are going out!!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I used lables for the STD's - much easier!

For those who had a guest, I did address the STD "and guest" - I wanted to set the tone quickly that any people entitled to a guest would know. Established couples got the STD's sent with their full names.

Just be prepared - even if you do not denote and guest you may hear rumblings of those who have no idea about proper invitation interpretation skills who will invite a guest. This happened to me. Prompted me to handwrite guest names onto RSVP cards for those who were invited to the wedding without a guest in an attempt to thwart any additions. I have a suspicion I am fighting an uphill battle and will still be seeing a few people adding guests
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results