shape
carat
color
clarity

Save me from being that stupid... fell in love with a ring

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
I fell in love with a ring. I can tell from the picture, that the diamond - OEC? - is not very clear. So why even bother?

Save me! Tell me it's stupid!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fell in love with a ring. I can tell from the picture, that the diamond - OEC? - is not very clear. So why even bother?

Save me! Tell me it's stupid!

Sorry, I cannot save you : )
...perhaps make a lowball offer and see what happens?
Hard to tell from the photos if it’s not clear and just out of focus, but the camera is focused on the milgrain.

Also to keep in mind that in person it will be rather petite on the hand.

Last edited:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm struggling with the same dilemma. I saw the perfect ring (my dream setting) in my size with an OEC that looked pretty nice but had a grade setting SI2 (probably not eyeclean) knot/cavity. I can't get my mind off of the fact that it would be perfect except for that little problem.

A low ball offer may not work, but it might be worth a try. Explain that the diamond itself looks cloudy and not great. Include the fact that your low offer takes into account that the diamond itself will need to be replaced. If the seller says no, you're no worse off and if he/she agrees then it's a win.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer but I would keep looking. First of all if a seller doesn't accept returns they better have some amazing pictures. The diamonds around the main diamond look like they are going to fall right out and will need prongs.

No returns keeps me moving to the next one as well.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer but I would keep looking. First of all if a seller doesn't accept returns they better have some amazing pictures. The diamonds around the main diamond look like they are going to fall right out and will need prongs.

No returns keeps me moving to the next one as well.

This is a great point. I didn't see that. I would also walk away from a "no returns" item. Too risky!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
There are so many Tourbillon rings exactly like this one, on Etsy, Ruby Lane, etc - just search for that term (tourbillon or tourbillion). The ring you posted is pretty but I think you can do even better!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
So many thanks to you all! I didn’t know what the style was called. It helps a lot!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you get the ring??
Wondering, ‘cause it’s sold.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
I did end up buying it... I got a reduction and I’m regarding it as my starter kit to learn about old cut stones. I’m afraid it won’t be the last purchase. I’ll post when it arrives :)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did end up buying it... I got a reduction and I’m regarding it as my starter kit to learn about old cut stones. I’m afraid it won’t be the last purchase. I’ll post when it arrives :)

Yay! I can’t wait to see it. I hope it’s terrific. Yes, you are in trouble now :lol:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool! I enjoyed reading the German description. Now I'm going to be saying funkelnden all day. When you get the ring, give it a deep cleaning. Then be sure to show us!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
It finally arrived today! And it’s rather sparkly too! The pattern is very 53ED0DCE-61DB-4786-93B3-33A5B3E69832.jpeg A01F0F3F-C391-4717-86DA-87F229FDB8AD.jpeg wild and almost impossible to capture. As for OEC I’m not sure, it could be a transitional as well, as the table seems larger than with an OEC. Also the culet seems rather small. But then I can’t really see it, as it has a black carbon spot close to the center. I like it!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
It finally arrived today! And it’s rather sparkly too! The pattern is very 53ED0DCE-61DB-4786-93B3-33A5B3E69832.jpeg A01F0F3F-C391-4717-86DA-87F229FDB8AD.jpeg wild and almost impossible to capture. As for OEC I’m not sure, it could be a transitional as well, as the table seems larger than with an OEC. Also the culet seems rather small. But then I can’t really see it, as it has a black carbon spot close to the center. I like it!

Wow it IS very sparkly!!!! You have found a good one there.

Andy Tan

Rough_Rock
Such a beautiful creation! I see the overall design like the 'black hole' in space. Powerful!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Such a beautiful creation! I see the overall design like the 'black hole' in space. Powerful!

Ha ha, that’s good :). I can see it! The rock is not super super perfect, but the design is terrific.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results