shape
carat
color
clarity

Saturn Jewels setting- opinions?

glitterpants

Rough_Rock
I am floored by the beauty of this setting. However, I'm not sure how it will look with a set diamond.

I'm planning on buying a 1.7-2 ct square antique style cushion.

Do you think this setting will overwhelm the center stone? Any other thoughts/opinions?

saturnjewelsring.jpg

saturnjewels.jpg

thanks in advance! :twirl:

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
That setting is gorgeous!!!! :love: :love: :love:

glitterpants

Rough_Rock
Yes it is! I worry that it'll look like I'm playing dress up. I have a pretty simple, streamlined style when it comes to clothing, makeup, accessories, etc normally. I just love love the ornateness of this ring though.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I tried on one of their settings when I was looking for a new setting for my Jubilee and the setting was gorgeous. The only reason I did not get it is because I thought that the particular setting would work better for a colored stone, so I saved the image on my computer in my Wishlist folder! I would definitely buy from them. Plus they are ultra nice when you email them directly.

glitterpants

Rough_Rock
I contacted Saturn Jewels and they were very quick to respond and very nice too. They sent me a picture of another angle.

I'm still not sure if a diamond will get "lost" in this setting....any thoughts on this?

AD731saturnjewels.jpg

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I don't think that the diamond will get "lost" in that setting. I bought an antique ring with a similar look and the center stone is definitely well-displayed. Attached is the photo (I am actually having the diamond reset into a Tacori setting, only because I want to put a green tourmaline into this setting). Below that is the Saturn Jewels setting that I REALLY want, but did not think it would look good set with my Jubilee. Now an Asscher like in the photo, that's a different story!!! Just for fun, I added some photoshopped images of the ring with different colored stones. If I ever get this ring, it will be with an Asscher-cut Something! LOL, I know I'm crazy. :rodent:

MyOEC_top.jpg

SaturnJewels-AD517.JPG

SaturnJewels-AD517Teal.jpg

SaturnJewels-AD517_JWSpinel.jpg

glitterpants

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the photo, NEU! Yes, you're right, the stone doesn't get lost.....hmm, so many decisions :twirl: .

An asscher cut green tourmaline would look dynamite on the SJ setting you like!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
You're right and I can't wait to see the setting you like with a 1.70+ ct. cushion! It will look AMAZING!!! Just out of curiosity, did Saturn tell you the style number on the ring you like? They actually don't feature many of their styles on their website but believe it or not, when I was perusing my Wishlist folder on my computer for the AD517 photos, I discovered that I had saved a photo of the ring you want! So at some point in time, I saw the photo somewhere and saved it.

Have you seen the rings from Whitehouse Brothers? They make some really gorgeous vintage styles. I am in love with this one with dragonfly detailing. Also, here is the link to the page: http://www.whitehousebrothers.com/detail.php?id=128

Dragonfly_8335.jpg

Dragonfly1_8335.jpg

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
It's a beautiful setting. I don't think a diamond would be "overwhelmed" but it would certainly be sharing the spotlight. I think this is the type of setting where the ring as a whole is the stunner rather than a showcase for the center stone. I think rings can be compared to concert. Do you want your ring to be a soloist (solitaire in simple setting) or a main singer with backup vocals (three-stone ring or solitaire in a fancier setting) or a choir (ornate show stopping setting)? All three are lovely, and people have different preferences for what they like the best.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
It's a beautiful setting...I don't think it will be overwhelmed by the setting...not a diamond of that size. It will look amazing!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
The setting is amazing and I think it would be perfect for your diamond!

Lori

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results