shape
carat
color
clarity

Sash for wedding dress -NEED OPINIONS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 10:23:25 PM
Author: marlie
thanks lulu, caribqueen, ltlfirecracker,and casablanca!! the 2nd sash is definitely glam! i can just picture the confidence that goes along with wearing it!

em...to give you more info. my wedding is at tribeca rooftop (i know you are in nyc so i think you might know it). it''s a modern, elegant type place. the wedding will be a saturday night, black tie wedding with(unfortunately) 275 or so people. our flowers are mostly orchids...the whole look is modern and fresh i guess but definitely formal. bridemaids are wearing a gray melissa sweet gown (326) and my sister/moh is wearing a gray vineyard gown (1422). the color scheme is gray, white with touches of purple and the natural greenery of the flowers.

i like my dress itself. i do. i feel like i can get it to fit like a glove and the fabric is so beautiful in person. i just want to find the right belt to make it into a wow dress (bc otherwise, it''s just plain), that makes me feel formal, beautiful and flatters my figure. how to decide that? i''m not sure. ugh. even though most people are liking the flower and the lazaro belt, i think i''m leaning toward the other selia belt without the toole. i''m not sure though.
Yup, I know the venue. I''ve been to one wedding there. I think your thought process and ideas are right on. I''m still leaning toward the S.Y. belt because it is a little different. I think with the silver/grey accents you could do some really cool stuff with that belt throughout the entire reception. For example, you could design your entire cake around the SY belt. Just and idea I''m throwing out there.

While the 2nd belt is glam, I think it is more of an expected detail and I don''t love that. In the end, I think you should go with your gut feeling. Are you wearing a veil at all? I love tulle so I''m voting not to remove that. You could do a really cool tulle hair piece that would go nicely. Google the company ban.do
It may not be your style but I have an amazing hair flower that I got from them. I used it for my bpics but now that I think of it it looks a lot like your belt.

Ok, I''m off on a tangent. There are so many things I could suggest for you. Did you pick out your jewelry yet?

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 7:30:41 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Date: 1/19/2010 7:14:31 PM

Author: caribqueen

I prefer sash #2. To me, it says sophistication and glamour.

I second that.

Thritto!!!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks charbie and em1!

i agree that the 2nd sash is sort of expected but i think the safety of it is kind of relaxing. just knowing that it''ll be beautiful no matter what. i''d like to stick to all selia though if possible. i''ll see what happens on saturday.

i did pick a veil. it''s a long veil (not cathedral...just goes to the end of the train) with a blusher that i''ll be wearing behind me to make the veil puffier. i do love that part of my dress. i also have my jewelry picked out. my mom got me earrings (i don''t have a pic on this computer but i did a post about them recently) which are gorgeous. they are long dangly diamond earrings that are elegant but kinda whimsical at the same time. i''m wearing a necklace with my grandmother''s engagement diamond/baguettes (really simple and understated), she had it made for my mom a long time ago and i''ll be borrowing it for sentimental reasons. i''m also wearing a diamond bracelet from my grandmother (my grandma has some kick ass jewelry!) i''d like to get something for my hair so that my hair has an accessory even after the veil is off. not sure what yet.

i guess my style is somewhere between the tailored look of sash 2 and the other 2 sashes...it''s just a matter of picking one and committing!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I am partial to the flower sash or sash number 2 the SY one is different and I think it is one of those things that would look better in a IRL photo then an ad.

I think whatever you pick it will look beautiful :)

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks deelight (and congrats on your gorgeous dress!). yeah, it''s hard to tell how it looks from the add. i think the add makes that one seem chunkier than it is IRL. both the flower sash and that one are from selia so i''ll check them both out at my appointment. i wish sash #2 was hers too so i can try them all on back to back! i''ll never actually get to try #2 on with the dress unless i buy it which sucks.

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
hey marlie! i can totally relate to how you describe your style because that''s pretty much how i''d describe mine too. i don''t know if you maybe missed my earlier post saying this, but i really think you''re right about the sy #3 belt being a nice middle-ground between #1 and #2 - glitz with a touch of whimsy. #2 is beautiful but it''s a very distinct style - kind of deco, glamour...but no whimsy. i think you should trust yourself! you''re going to look like an extra-fab version of yourself on your wedding day, but like yourself nonetheless...yanno?
2.gif
i totally feel ya though - i''m forcing myself to stop looking at pics of my dress bc they''re making me start to doubt myself and my choice, and i almost neeeeever do that. ahh this wedding stuff is enough to make a girl bonkers
37.gif
you look SO beautiful in your dress - just trust yourself, and whatever you choose will be ''you,'' which is precisely the look you''re going for!
2.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
When I saw the flower sash on its own, I must admit I wasn''t 100% convinced, but on the dress, oh my! It fits perfectly. I think the dress is fantastic with the flower sash!

gls

Shiny_Rock
LOVE the second one
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Where is it from??

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hmm. Well I think it depends on the material of your dress. If your dress is a satin-material (with a sheen) i.e a material with structure, I would go with the second sash ( I can''t tell by the picture of your dress), if it''s a light airy material (i.e a transparent overlay with a something more solid underneath) I would go with the flower sash. I think the sash has to fit the type of dress, in my opinon those crystal sash''s are more evening-ish, and so the material of the dress has to be likewise. Good luck!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks again for all of your input. it''s so great to hear everyone''s honest opinions!!

jjc...i thought i commented on your other post! i''m an idiot. i do like the idea of 3 with no toole...but i''m going to try it on on saturday to see for sure...plus, i''m not sure if they''ll even do that! i do agree that i need to look like myself but bumped up a notch. and take it from me...stop looking at dresses!! that''s how i got into this second guessing mess in the first place! your dress is STUNNING so you have zero to worry about. i love your gown.

mscushion..thanks! good to know that you like the whole look together. maybe i''m focusing too much on the belt by itself.

gls...the second sash is by lazaro (style # 3853)

allycat...the material of the dress is silk organza. definitely not flowy though. it''s a pretty structured dress with a trumpet/fit and flare shape. do you think the other sashes look less formal and evening-ish?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, sash 1 for the wedding and sash 2 for the reception! If you have to stick with just one
then I like 2 the best. I sort of like 1 for the wedding because it doesnt stand out so much then 2 for the reception
because it makes your dress look like you are ready to party!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
#1 for the day, and #2 for reception. Is that a choice we can make???? Both sashes (I''m kidding because they are probably hideously expensive).

Is the ceremony on the rooftop? And what time of day will the wedding ceremony be. If it''s evening/late afternoon I would do sash #2. If it''s early then #1. They both are beautiful, so either would be terrific.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
hey allycat...definitely can''t afford both sashes. i wish! wouldn''t that make my life easier?

the ceremony is actually indoors (under an awesome skylight that i love) at 7:30pm. cocktail hour is from 8-9 on the rooftop and reception is 9-1a back inside. so, yeah, definitely a nighttime wedding. at least that''s what i''m hoping for. the weather in nyc in july could get pretty sweaty which will change the cocktail hour plans. fingers are crossed for a sunny, breezy 80 degree day with amazing visibility so everyone can enjoy the view from the roof!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 1:47:05 PM
lilyfoot...thanks! it would go with the wedding. i think all 3 sashes would. the wedding will be black tie in nyc at tribeca rooftop if that helps.

dani...thanks. i see what you mean about the flower belt being the most 'bridal'. i feel like maybe it makes my waist look chunky since it doesn't sit flush.
marlie, I'm still sticking by my choice of sash #2. I think that not only does it fit the feeling and venue of your wedding (which sounds incredibly gorgeous, btw!), but it's going to be the most flattering. I'm not sure that the other two choices are going to look right, especially in photo's. They're all gorgeous, close-up, but I think they will turn out looking weird from further away/different angles.

I think a really gorgeous fabric flower hair accessory would be TDF with your dress and sash #2
9.gif

ETA: How are you wearing your hair?

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks lilyfoot! as of now i''m planning on wearing my hair half up but the hair accessory is still up in the air since i want it to coordinate (not match though!) with the belt.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
So what did you decide??? :)

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Lovely dress. I really like sash #2.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks dani and oddoneout!

I think I''ll probably end up with the 1st flower one that i originally wanted. I went back to selia last month and tried on all of her sashes and still liked that one best. I didn''t like the 3rd one at all on me. The flowers seemed less stick-out-y in person and looked more glamorous than i remembered. i think the pictures that i have of me in the dress mess with my brain! i''ve stopped looking at them! it''s way prettier in person and the sash is less chunky in person too. i''m going on march 27th to get measured (the dress gets custom made so no dress technically exists yet...how scary is that!) and i''ll make my final choice then. there was one other belt there that i don''t have a pic of that is in consideration.

from the front i''m 100% happy with the flower sash. i felt like it looked the most modern and unique and still glamorous (a la sash #2)..i just hope that it sticking out a bit from the side view doesn''t ruin the streamlined silhouette.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 11:44:26 AM
thanks dani and oddoneout!

I think I''ll probably end up with the 1st flower one that i originally wanted. I went back to selia last month and tried on all of her sashes and still liked that one best. I didn''t like the 3rd one at all on me. The flowers seemed less stick-out-y in person and looked more glamorous than i remembered. i think the pictures that i have of me in the dress mess with my brain! i''ve stopped looking at them! it''s way prettier in person and the sash is less chunky in person too. i''m going on march 27th to get measured (the dress gets custom made so no dress technically exists yet...how scary is that!) and i''ll make my final choice then. there was one other belt there that i don''t have a pic of that is in consideration.

from the front i''m 100% happy with the flower sash. i felt like it looked the most modern and unique and still glamorous (a la sash #2)..i just hope that it sticking out a bit from the side view doesn''t ruin the streamlined silhouette.
Yayyyy! I love that one! You look awesome! Congrats. I bet you are getting excited!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks Dani! i definitely am getting excited. nervousness has also set in but in a good way. i just wish i had a crystal ball to know that i''m going to look and feel like a million bucks and that fi will love my dress! so funny, the dress is the only thing i''m worried about. i feel like everything else is coming together nicely! oh no...just jinxed it!

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 3:46:54 PM
thanks Dani! i definitely am getting excited. nervousness has also set in but in a good way. i just wish i had a crystal ball to know that i''m going to look and feel like a million bucks and that fi will love my dress! so funny, the dress is the only thing i''m worried about. i feel like everything else is coming together nicely! oh no...just jinxed it!
Don''t be nervous at all. Trust me. You are going to look amazing. I was sooooooooooooooooooooo nervous because I got my hair and makeup done at the salon on the resort in Jamaica. I had no idea how it was going to turn out. But here is the thing and if someone would have told me this before my actual wedding day I would have said, "yeah, whatever." At that moment when I first saw my hubby and I started walking to him NONE of that stuff mattered. It was more about the moment and the journey we are about to take together. Of course you want to look the best possible on the wedding day, but I''m telling you right now try not to stress out about it because whatever happens is going to happen. You will realize in that moment that it doesn''t matter. Hope that made sense!!!! LOL Good luck Can''t wait to see pics!!!! You are going to look gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results