shape
carat
color
clarity

Sash for wedding dress -NEED OPINIONS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies...
So, I''m still stressing about my dress. I want to LOVE it and am working hard to figure out how. the dress is pretty simple (silk organza trumpet...the flare is more dramatic than the pic shows b/c i had it bustled in the pic) with a sash that gives it (i hope!) a wow factor. I''ve gone back and forth on which sash (i bought the flower one but can change it out). what do you think? i don''t know how to add a poll or i would do that!

it''s not letting me post more than one pic at a time...sorry!

marlie1.jpg

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
Sash #2

marlie2.jpg

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
Sash #3

marlie3.jpg

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
and here''s my dress for reference...(again sorry i couldn''t put them into a post as a collage!)

marlie4.jpg

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I think your dress is gorgeous!

I''m very partial to sash #2, but does it "go" with the feel of your wedding?

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
Hi Marlie. I love your dress the way it is with the flower sash. I think it''s perfect with it. The other sashes are beautiful but I don''t think they look bridal at all. The flower sash screams bridal gown. Hope that makes sense. Stop second guessing your choice you and your dress look amazing!!!!!
30.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Your dress looks fabulous on you!!! I have always liked the original sash - I think the proportions work well with your dress. But... I have to say I am digging sash #2 A LOT!

I think either of these would be beautiful.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
lilyfoot...thanks! it would go with the wedding. i think all 3 sashes would. the wedding will be black tie in nyc at tribeca rooftop if that helps.

dani...thanks. i see what you mean about the flower belt being the most ''bridal''. i feel like maybe it makes my waist look chunky since it doesn''t sit flush.

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
I really love your dress, and like both the first and second sashes but am partial to the first flower sash - gorgeous! I think it really depends on the look of your wedding: the first is a little more fashion-forward and fun, while the second is pure elegance and would match a glitzier look overall. Either way I''m sure you''ll look beautiful
30.gif

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks curlysue...i''m going to see my dress on saturday so maybe i''ll fall back in love with the flower sash. oh, i don''t know! so stressful!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
jjc...thanks for your comments! i do like the idea of being glitzy! the flower one is beautiful but lately i''m not liking that it sticks out and doesn''t sit flush with the dress.

sash #3 was actually the sash that was shown with my dress! i think if i did that one, maybe no toole.

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 1:58:20 PM
Author: marlie
jjc...thanks for your comments! i do like the idea of being glitzy! the flower one is beautiful but lately i''m not liking that it sticks out and doesn''t sit flush with the dress.

sash #3 was actually the sash that was shown with my dress! i think if i did that one, maybe no toole.
Ooh, I think #3 without the tulle just might be the perfect compromise - you get the glitzy look, but it would def look fresher and more modern than #2!
36.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I love the first sash because I''m a frilly, foofy kinda girl. BUT, for a black tie in NYC, I''m loving the second one!!
30.gif

While your waist is by no means chunky, I get what you''re saying. The second sash is more streamlined.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
double post

saster

Rough_Rock
You''re dress looks fantastic on you! I love it.

I really like the second sash with your dress. I like the addition of a little sparkle, and the way it fits against your waist. I like the pattern on it better than the 3rd, too.

Your venue sounds amazing!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
sunny...thanks! i''m somewhere in between foofy/frilly and tailored...that''s what''s making this choice so hard! i''m thinking maybe sash #3 minus the toole might be the best compromise? i don''t even know if they''ll do that!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks saster! the sash on #2 is actually on the model (it''s a lazaro dress that i fell in love with a year or two ago)...the other 2 are from the designer that did my dress.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
they are all gorgeous, but I prefer #2. After #2 I like the one you have.

It is an awesome dress and the sash (and of them really) will make it pop!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
date twin
2.gif

I ADORE the flower sash, but if your heart is not in it, it''s not in it.
That being said, I love the 2nd one. It''s so glitzy!
Are you going to be able to try them on with the dress?

YSQueen

Rough_Rock
I will have to agree with the previous posters in that #1 and #2 look like great options. I would only go for #3 if it was minus the tulle.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I strongly prefer sash #2. It is flat so sit flush to your waist and enphasises ow little it is. It is a more clean look with less frill which is what I prefer anyway. I think it makes the dress very elegant and wow!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks bella, pp, ys and 4ever!! it''s so great to have input!

i can try on 1 and 2 this weekend when i go visit my dress. sash #3 i''ve never seen in person and isn''t a selia yang (my dress designer) sash. it''s actually a lazaro. kleinfeld sells this so i can go take a look after my selia appointment on saturday.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
So, I like the one you have. My friend wore the same one this fall with her S.Y. dress and it looked so amazing. I really think it makes the dress.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks em! i love it too. i just keep looking at the pics i have of it and feel like it makes my waist look funny. i also think that maybe a sleeker sash might be better but then i think i''d miss the whimsical side to the other ones. i don''t know! hearing that your friend wore it and looked beautiful makes me feel better! thank you for letting me know.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Love the flower sash.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer sash #2. To me, it says sophistication and glamour.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 7:14:31 PM
Author: caribqueen
I prefer sash #2. To me, it says sophistication and glamour.

I second that.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 5:14:35 PM
Author: marlie
thanks em! i love it too. i just keep looking at the pics i have of it and feel like it makes my waist look funny. i also think that maybe a sleeker sash might be better but then i think i''d miss the whimsical side to the other ones. i don''t know! hearing that your friend wore it and looked beautiful makes me feel better! thank you for letting me know.
Tell me more about your wedding. What is the venue like and what is the style you are going for? It sounds like you are second guessing yourself right now and I hate to see that with such a lovely dress. I actually like your dress better than my friends (her''s was lace but similar style). The minute that I saw it I knew who made it because of the belt, then I asked of course. Anyway, I knew because I had seen your dress.

If it helps, I spent hours upon hours looking at dresses in the past two years leading up to my wedding and my favorite dresses have been the ones that really fit the bride and have amazing bustles. You have to love and feel great in your dress or you will be able to tell. I wish that I didn''t buy my dress so early however in the end I had to accept it and not second guess it.

I hope that helps!

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
I think number two show cases your VA VA VOOM figure more!
31.gif
Fabulous figure girl!

Also, I lean towards number two for the elegance of black tie. Simple, more streamlined and elegant. Put me down for number TWO!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks lulu, caribqueen, ltlfirecracker,and casablanca!! the 2nd sash is definitely glam! i can just picture the confidence that goes along with wearing it!

em...to give you more info. my wedding is at tribeca rooftop (i know you are in nyc so i think you might know it). it''s a modern, elegant type place. the wedding will be a saturday night, black tie wedding with(unfortunately) 275 or so people. our flowers are mostly orchids...the whole look is modern and fresh i guess but definitely formal. bridemaids are wearing a gray melissa sweet gown (326) and my sister/moh is wearing a gray vineyard gown (1422). the color scheme is gray, white with touches of purple and the natural greenery of the flowers.

i like my dress itself. i do. i feel like i can get it to fit like a glove and the fabric is so beautiful in person. i just want to find the right belt to make it into a wow dress (bc otherwise, it''s just plain), that makes me feel formal, beautiful and flatters my figure. how to decide that? i''m not sure. ugh. even though most people are liking the flower and the lazaro belt, i think i''m leaning toward the other selia belt without the toole. i''m not sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results