shape
carat
color
clarity

Sarosi wing gem and diamond earrings

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I bought these Andrew Sarosi earrings at Intergem. They are 18k white gold rhodium plated for the blackened effect, at least I think it is rhodium plating. Set with .76 ctw in diamonds and about .26 in yellow and blue sapphire and green tsavorite garnets. I was looking for a dangley pair of art deco earrings but just feel in love with these. They have a beautiful movement to them and are quite three dimensional and just generally amazing to wear. While I photographed them in the day they are amazing at night. Andrew Sarosi's jewelry is quite lovely in person, very unique, and uses high quality gems (from what I can tell) and can be found at Intergem shows and online at Africagems.com, they also have a store in LA - giving me yet another reason to go there.

I was lucky enough to be meeting fellow-pricescoper the lovely Ms. Cellentani who looked at these with her loupe and helped to enable me! In general Intergem is alot of fun and I very much enjoyed seems gems in person that I've only seen online. Perhaps when I'm feeling braver or next time I might have to get a stone to set, although for those of you that don't know it Intergem also has amazing estate jewelry in a wide range of prices - most of which I thought were very good. You could easily drop tens of thousands if you were so inclined! Or have fun with the cheap beads they sell! It is quite a gem and jewelry show!

104.JPG

105.JPG

107.JPG

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some more pictures. I don't think I did them justice!

106.JPG

109.JPG

111.JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are very cool earrings, Winternight! They look like bat wings, or spiderwebs or angel's wings! Really neat :appl: :appl: :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Neat earrings! Looking at the first pics, i thought, "a little weird," but your photo of them in your ear -- they're really stunning. I'm sure the movement is wonderful. Very cool find!

--- Laurie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Cool! Kinda Stephen Websterish....

cheers--Sharon

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neat!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so mch for the ear shot...I think they helped me put them into perspective. I thought they were pretty but when you see the ear shot I love how 3 dimensional they are on...very unique! Love them! And can I say how jealous I am that you went to intergem with Cellentani- one of my PS IDOLS!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, those are simply stunning! They look fantastic on you! Do you know what the weight of these earrings are? I am always curious about that because I cannot tolerate heavy earrings but love the look of heavy earrings though!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow...so cool! They look like they would be really fun to wear!

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!

Missy, I don't have a scale at home so I can't weigh them but they are very lightweight. I don't like to wear heavy earrings myself.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
winternight|1329780529|3130378 said:
Thanks!

Missy, I don't have a scale at home so I can't weigh them but they are very lightweight. I don't like to wear heavy earrings myself.

They are simply gorgeous and all the better that they are lightweight!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
A little late here, but I still absolutely love these on you!! The amount of detail and workmanship on those earrings is pretty amazing, and even under 10x, all that pave is incredibly fine and even. I'm so glad to hear you've been wearing them, because they look even better on!
Fantastic photos, and how on earth did you manage such awesome ear shots??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results