shape
carat
color
clarity

Sarin Report

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nicholastanth

Rough_Rock
1)how to get a Sarin Report?
2)what is a Sarin Machine?
3)Is it true that a Sarin Report details all angles of all the individual facets?
4)how does this report compares with the GIA Report?
5)does a Sarin Report qualifies a particular diamond that is superior as far as the reflection of light is concern?
6)what accuracy are the reflection angles?
7)any particular Ideal Specifications as far as the angles are concern?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 6/22/2003 9:37:21 AM nicholastanth wrote:

1)how to get a Sarin Report?

Find a jeweler or appraiser who has one. Let you fingers do the walkin.
1.gif

2)what is a Sarin Machine?

It is a device that measures the facets of the diamond and can report the diamonds proportions. There are about 5 different models of the Sarin. As they go up in value there are more features they can provide. They range from 6 - 20k.

3)Is it true that a Sarin Report details all angles of all the individual facets?

Not all Sarin machines do this. Some machines only measure the averages of those angles. Some give more details (min/max crown angles/pavilion angles/crown height/pavilion depth). The most expensive model not only gives this data but also the data on all the other facets (40 out of 57 facets) and even gives the variances/measurements on all of those as well. This gives geeks like me the means by which to examine how measurements on the minor facets affect light return (which is a current study in which I am engaged) to those of us with this Sarin model PLUS the optical technologies to be able to examine it's effects on light return.

GIA gives very limited proportion data. Table, total depth%, girdle and culet info is all the proportion data you'll find on their reports. If you click on my link below and peruse my chapters on cut you'll learn enough to be armed and dangerous.
2.gif

5)does a Sarin Report qualifies a particular diamond that is superior as far as the reflection of light is concern?

It is an indicator. Only until a study is published on how the minor facets affect light return (currently in progress) will a person be able go garner total optical performance from a complete Sarin report. I can point you to diamonds on our site that have identical Sarin reports but have different optical results.

6)what accuracy are the reflection angles?

? Do you mean what is the accuracy of the Sarin measurements? VERY ACCURATE.
1.gif

7)any particular Ideal Specifications as far as the angles are concern?

The HCA (see here on pricescope) is an excellent tool for determing what angles do and don't work within round brilliant cuts and is a good tool for preliminary seperation of the best from the worst. It has it's plus and minus' though.

Hope that helps.

Rhino

----------------
[/quote]

Meraj

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/22/2003 2:36:44 PM Rhino wrote:

----------------
On 6/22/2003 9:37:21 AM nicholastanth wrote:

GIA gives very limited proportion data. Table, total depth%, girdle and culet info is all the proportion data you'll find on their reports. If you click on my link below and peruse my chapters on cut you'll learn enough to be armed and dangerous.
2.gif

Hope that helps.

Rhino

----------------

----------------
[/quote]

I went to your site Good as Gold and WOW!!! I am super impressed!!! You stated see diamonds "Better than you'll see in your Jewelry Store" and you are soooo right on!!! I wouldn't have believed you until I went to your sight and saw all the info that you post for a diamond. Its amazing!!! Everyone- you need to go there and look! Thanks for the education Rhino!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results