shape
carat
color
clarity

Sarin questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bruce Brown

Rough_Rock
I have the Sarin on a diamond. It has either an EX or VG next to each number for the various catagories.

I assume this means that the Sarin grades it either excellent or very good - but you know what they say about assumptions:)

Can someone confirm this for me?

Also, if my interpretation is correct, how or where does the Sarin evaluation differ from other cut grading scales?

Last, under the crown section it has the following, "S/U." What does this stand for or mean?

Thanks!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I really depends on which report you are pulling up in the Sarin viewer.

If you are looking at a Sarin's AGL results, AGL's top grade is "Excellent". AGS's top grade is "0", HRD's top grade is "Very Good". The Sarin lets you know how these respective labs would grade the diamonds proportions.

The Sarin also assigns a "symmetry" grade based on the diamonds variances. The top grade the Sarin will assign a diamond in symmetry (no matter which lab results you look up) is "very good" assuming variances in crown/pavilion/table are not wild and the culet and table are properly centered and the stone is not too out of round.

Hope that helps.

Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results