shape
carat
color
clarity

Sarin prior to having stone set into Tacori?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JohnInUtah

Rough_Rock
Hey all, new to the forum, longtime lurker. I have a 2.1 ct radiant i want a local jeweler to set into a tacori setting. Overall pretty happy with the stone. My question to those of you out there is to how Tacori normally makes their setting. The employee at the store stated that just took the measurements at the store and Tacori made the setting off that, then the stone was set in the store. A few questions..

1) If i am getting it set in the store, should I get a Sarin to send along with my ring order to giev them better measurements than the GIA report?
2) I noticed some people have Tacori set the stone, any real difference in outcome?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, this forum has been great!

John

DSC04324(2).JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi John,

I personally don't think a Sarin is necessary, the measurement from the report should be sufficient. As for Tacori setting the stone vs. the store, the only thing I can think is sometimes a settings warranty is only good if the maker sets the stone in it. For instance, I got my diamond and Vatche setting from GOG, but the stone was sent to Vatche to be set. If that's not the case with Tacori (I don't know, sounds like it might not be), and you trust the store, having them set it would probably be fine.

JohnInUtah

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I will have to talk to the jeweler and verify. If it were a princess or a RB i would be more ok with it being set in the store and having them go off measurements. The radiant has the cut corners which can be more of a variable thing, and I am not sure there is a standard to how much they are cut, which is why i thought a sarin or other plot of the diamond could be helpful. I may be splitting hairs, but i want it to be right the first time.
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 10:37:54 AM
Author: JohnInUtah
Yeah, I will have to talk to the jeweler and verify. If it were a princess or a RB i would be more ok with it being set in the store and having them go off measurements. The radiant has the cut corners which can be more of a variable thing, and I am not sure there is a standard to how much they are cut, which is why i thought a sarin or other plot of the diamond could be helpful. I may be splitting hairs, but i want it to be right the first time.
1.gif
I understand, but I''m sure the store has set many Radiants. And actually, I would feel easier with a Radiant than a Princess, as the latter is tricker with the pointed corners.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results