shape
carat
color
clarity

Sarin or AGS review

free-user

Rough_Rock
I curious. The cost virtually few dollars difference only. Would it be more accurate or make more sense:

Ags certified sarin report from appraiser or having them ship it to ags for report?

Its currently a gia graded diamond.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For what reason are you looking to get it Sarin scanned / AGS graded?

Are you looking to sell?

Is GIA 'not good enough'?

Or is it just for personal interest?

free-user

Rough_Rock
For what reason are you looking to get it Sarin scanned / AGS graded?

Are you looking to sell?

Is GIA 'not good enough'?

Or is it just for personal interest?

Like lots of PS, I want more specifics on cut analysis. Otherwise imaging on the diamond is great. Its for a ring.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like lots of PS, I want more specifics on cut analysis. Otherwise imaging on the diamond is great. Its for a ring.

In that case, I understand that SARIN will give a full report of *all* the angles and measurements, including deviation ranges.

Jon / Rhino at Distinctive Gems offers a concierge service for new stones that can include all of this, and might therefore be willing/able to scan stones already owned by third parties, but I'm not sure if an appraiser would have a SARIN scanner - I'm not sure if they are expensive or not!

Look up denverappraiser and oldminer on here - I would say they might be your best option if you are in the USA, and you can ask about what level of detail they might be able to offer.

To check - is this for a stone you already own or a stone you are looking to buy?

If the latter and you have the stone on hold, and are happy to post a link, I'm sure some wise people on here might be able to offer some analysis :).

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Buy an ASET scope and have some fun?

free-user

Rough_Rock
In that case, I understand that SARIN will give a full report of *all* the angles and measurements, including deviation ranges.

Jon / Rhino at Distinctive Gems offers a concierge service for new stones that can include all of this, and might therefore be willing/able to scan stones already owned by third parties, but I'm not sure if an appraiser would have a SARIN scanner - I'm not sure if they are expensive or not!

Look up denverappraiser and oldminer on here - I would say they might be your best option if you are in the USA, and you can ask about what level of detail they might be able to offer.

To check - is this for a stone you already own or a stone you are looking to buy?

If the latter and you have the stone on hold, and are happy to post a link, I'm sure some wise people on here might be able to offer some analysis :).

One of my jewelers has a sarin. Thsts what i was trying to get at. I didn't know if a sarin would throw out same "rounded" numbers as GIA. Woot! Its a mind-clean type easing I want to settle.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have a Sarine.

There are several versions and they do not all provide the same data. Yes, the data is rounded although it's more specific than what GIA puts on their reports. There's also a general calibration issue. Not everyone is equally careful with their equipment so there is variation between scans, especially if they're done by different people. GIA (and AGS) are downright compulsive about this. Appraisers and jewelers will vary. I'm pretty careful. To be sure, I am not cheaper than some others. That's not why my clients choose me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results