shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphires...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aries2

Rough_Rock
Do sapphires come in aqua, teal, or a blue-green color? If so, does anyone have any photos?

ger100

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a pretty one which was called yellow green. 2.2 cts, sold for $11.50 + shipping ($8) on ebay...I missed it!
24.gif

Ger

YG sapphire.jpg

ger100

Shiny_Rock
Here''s one which came up on ebay under sapphire, typing in: blue green

teal sapph.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
yes they come in every color except red because if it were red it would be a ruby. I like the teal ones from Montana. they have some at the natural sapphire company and I''m sure at other sites too.

I love Ebay for some things but I wouldn''t buy a sapphire or any other expensive stone on Ebay.

There are a few teal stones on this page.
http://thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/nscnet/stones.aspx?stonecategory=Unique

ger100

Shiny_Rock
Don''t be too quick to knock ebay. The company you gave a link to, sells on ebay!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I love Ebay and buy from there often. I just wouldn't buy an expensive stone on Ebay or expensive anything for that matter.
I'm an Ebay seller too, but not of gemstones.

In fact this is my latest purchase from there.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-cool-ebay-find.54230/

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a picture of a non-typical blue sapphire.

Doug

IMG_2719_1_1.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovely! not the ''desired'' blue for sapphire by most in the industry and thus most of the population but certainly a pleasing color to my eye. i know that blue sapphire is not over $30k that a good classic blue sapphire would command.

nontypical doesn''t mean that cut and other attributes of a good stone shouldn''t still be met.

i would not buy a stone from ebay that i was planning to have set. i''ve purchased some of the inexpensive ones [under $20] just to have for reference and play with. it was also educational to see bad cut, lots of extinction, etc. it helped to develop my eye.

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results