shape
carat
color
clarity

sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
color compared to top top stones

p92.jpg

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY MOLY!!! are they your new babies??? is this your new project? the stones are gorgeous!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

details please.....!!!!!!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
I love the blue in BOTH. But i like the side stone shape in this one. What is it called??

I had to call my fiance over to drool over this beauty!!!!

p92.jpg

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I tried to attach your other pic here but I'm having trouble w the Mac (Safari) since the system upgrade.... I'll try again.
20.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
hi firerock-

these are step cut half moons i think.............the other sapphire is actually quite a bit smaller and has the old mines

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
3.gif

SapAssch.jpg

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif

SapphBBB.jpg

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
so alexah--what do your faces mean?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Some choices you've got here ....

If there is better, I don't want to know !
emthup.gif

Can you ask the guys at Walter Arnstein to show the two sapphires side by side, preferably both under fluorescent (their default, as said on website) and incandenscent light ? Either will do, I guess. At this point, the one between OMCs looks a hair more lively. Possible zoning in #1 doesn not really show face up (as far as I can see - only towards the lower edge). Whatever tells these two apart is pure philosophy though - bots are way up there. "Better" would just be a matter of taste choosing among the finest, IMO.

To me, "better" would be slightly lighter tone and the same vivid saturation - but I think the color of your sapphire is actually the classic "best" - not the lesser stuff I happen to preffere.

Of course pictures are not an appropriate medium to judge top sapphire, but from this other side of the screen, what can one do ? Can you see them ?

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2004 3
6.gif
4:25 PM
Author: windowshopper
so alexah--what do your faces mean?

...that they''re both drool-worthy & luvly!!
it''s such a tough choice, esp considering we''re looking at one photo of each on a computer screen... any chance you could see them in person? if not, you could ask the vendor for his opin on each stone?
they really look amazing!!
36.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Valeria:

A clarification--by the second one do you mean the one with the old mines?????????/

The larger sapphire (5.67) with the HALF MOONS is actually significantly less per carat. The other is 3.47 and I believe is closer to the ideal blue. HOWEVER--my dilemma is this---------the larger while perhaps not quite as exceptional has a more ........ethereal luminescent quality. I love the half moons too. My husband prefers the smaller brighter one with the old mines

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/30/2004 3:12:38 PM
My husband prefers the smaller brighter one with the old mines
So do I. This is what I meant.

Unfortunately, I cannot really show you any alternative - it is amazing how much the lok of a stone can change from picture to picture. So it is basically meaningless to just put another link here and say : see, this is nicer, IMO. Among such finest pieces, differences are too small to show on a computer screen (I should know, there are at least 5 different monitors in this house
6.gif
).

The smaller stone is finer. If my guess is right and zonig (probably silk oriented perpendicylar to table too, but what do I know from here ?) is what makes the one between the half moons lighter, than this would show face down much better. The other effect of such details that does not show in static pictures almost at all is less brighteness.

If you like the half moon sides, you can have this type of sides with whichever sapphire, right ?

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
What a great dilemma to have!!

Date: 10/30/2004 3:12:38 PM
Valeria:

My husband prefers the smaller brighter one with the old mines.
Yup, me too.

However, it seems like in your last post you prefer the larger one (the one in the middle of the half-moon).
Is there a way for you to be able to see these stones in person?

As Ana said, pic through a computer monitor is not necessarily the best way to judge and compare 2 fine sapphires like this.

And oh yeah, get the one that "speaks" to you.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results