shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire Studs with Pearl Drops from Blue Nile

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
These are from Blue Nile. They are sapphire drops set in 18k while gold, using akoya pearls, not freshwater. They were $430, so for the 18k and the akoya, I don't think that's bad.

The earrings go surprisingly well with my WF sapphires-by-the-yard necklace even though it doesn't have pearls. I think they match because the sapphires are about the same size and colour.

Not too many shots as it's just really hard to get shots of your own ear.

gedc1458.jpg

gedc1460.jpg

gedc1466.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are so pretty Smith1942, definitely my style and something I would purchase for myself - great for every day but would also work really well for dressier occasions - I love them! :love:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Junebug. They are indeed very small, just half an inch tip to tip, which means the pearl doesn't hang low enough to swing. But they really are the soul of understated elegance, in my opinion. I can wear them in my British intellectual-snob social circle/in-law situations without raising eyebrows. They do not "do" jewellery, fashion, make-up etc. That's frivolous, you see. Not sure how they'll react to my 1.12 D diamond studs in bezels :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smith1942|1362802428|3400364 said:
Thanks, Junebug. They are indeed very small, just half an inch tip to tip, which means the pearl doesn't hang low enough to swing. But they really are the soul of understated elegance, in my opinion. I can wear them in my British intellectual-snob social circle/in-law situations without raising eyebrows. They do not "do" jewellery, fashion, make-up etc. That's frivolous, you see. Not sure how they'll react to my 1.12 D diamond studs in bezels :lol:

That's what l really like about them! :D I lean towards small but elegant as well! And yes, your new studs might garner a bit more attention - but who cares, they're going to look gorgeous! :naughty:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I'm the same regarding size. Being a small person I favour really high-quality but small jewellery. My .52 pendant and 0.46 pear pendant with a .27 halo just seem enormous, and everyone I know in England describes my 0.70 e-ring as a "rock"!

I love looking at the huge jewellery that you see on Pricescope. As pure objets d'art, I think they're beautiful. However, I personally wouldn't wear much of what I see. If I like a large piece I'll say so but sometimes the designs, mainly rings, are so frilly and overdone and/or large, I just think, "That looks like a dog's dinner! " In those circumstances I say absolutely nothing! In England you grow up with a Greek chorus in the background about how flashy things are gaudy, tasteless, fake etc. and that serious, educated people don't spend money on such frivolities. It was all very austere! To this day when I see a large diamond ring teemed with coloured nail polish I do cringe a bit, I must admit!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I love them, they're gorgeous!!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very delicate and feminine looking - they suit your ears perfectly! I love the colour of those sapphires - that's the blue tone that really appeals to me, and they look fantastic with the akoya's. Another lovely piece... sigh....

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! (is that first shot taken in a roll of TP?)

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Motown - not TP, but kitchen roll! For some reason my camera focuses well when I balance rings on top of the marble kitchen roll holder, and also other items on the roll itself!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Very cute and purrrty!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thank you very much, everyone! So nice to get compliments on your purchases. I also thought that this combo of sapphire and pearl is not very common - another reason to like it.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
It is a beautiful combination! Thanks for sharing your experiences! I would agree that accepted diamond size in US is much bigger compare to other countries.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Alice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results