shape
carat
color
clarity

sapphire ring question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Azelismia

They have a great choice of both loose stones and set rings here: http://www.simplysapphires.com/ They have something for most budgets and, although I haven''t purchased from them myself, all the pieces that my friends have bought have been wonderful. They also tell you whether the sapphire is heated/treated etc., so you know what you''re getting upfront.

I hope you find what you''re looking for.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a selection of natural untreated sapphires on this page as well.

http://www.precisiongem.com/html/html/Sapphire.html

At the bottom of this page is 1.7 carat stone that is $40 because it is very dark. However the seller, who is very reputable and highly respected on this forum, freely admits that it is very dark, but unheated. This stone may or may not appeal to you. It is certainly affordable, and he does ship to the UK (right LD??). At least this stone is expertly cut and it does give you a true idea of what to pay for unheated midnight colored sapphires.

Good luck on your continued search.

azelismia

Rough_Rock
Trade
Curse you Tourmaline!
emwink.gif
I had to buy it even though I have no idea what kind of setting it would go into. I have no idea of the feasibility of making that into a ring or any other piece of jewerly but dang it,at 40 how do you pass it up (if you like dark stones with flashes of royal) It''s kind of an odd shape. I could blow a lot of money on that site but I doubt having stuff custom made is terribly feasible. Requires more research. I really like the blue stone at the top of the page (gem, 788) too @ 432, if I can find a nice non white gold setting and get some little side stones in the 800 - 900 range it would be doable.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2009 11:05:31 PM
Author: azelismia
Curse you Tourmaline!
emwink.gif
I had to buy it even though I have no idea what kind of setting it would go into. I have no idea of the feasibility of making that into a ring or any other piece of jewerly but dang it,at 40 how do you pass it up (if you like dark stones with flashes of royal) It''s kind of an odd shape. I could blow a lot of money on that site but I doubt having stuff custom made is terribly feasible. Requires more research. I really like the blue stone at the top of the page (gem, 788) too @ 432, if I can find a nice non white gold setting and get some little side stones in the 800 - 900 range it would be doable.
Enjoy your stone, I''m glad we were all able to help you make some decisions about what to do.
emsmile.gif

azelismia

Rough_Rock
Trade
I really appreciate your help! I think you saved me from disaster (gemologically speaking) at this point I am leaning towards finding a nice stone in the 500-900 range and then finding a setting in the same range. after browsing around the forum some more I''ve found some examples showing settings aren''t always totally break the bank for a decent modest setting and some of those stones from the cutters are just fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results