shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
Is this sapphire a good choice? I was thinking for an e-ring. I want a sapphire but not a dark one and something unique that not everyone has. I sent this link to the boyfriend saying I want something like that for my birthday but he has yet to reply :razz:.

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/nscnet/expandedstones.aspx?stoneid=U241

I personally think it''s gorgeous. You have to view the video of it on the page too to get its sparkly goodness ;-)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour looks nice and the unsual cut is interesting.

However, are you okay that the stone isn't well cut? The culet is off center and the facets do not line up, some don't even meet.
14.gif
You can see this in the side picture and 3D scan report.

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
yeah, I saw that. But I think I''m just really in love with the color. I don''t think I''ve ever seen a purple sapphire in real life unless I saw one and thought it was amythest.

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
Purple sapphires are not uncommon, you could probably find some others. The big problem I have with the stone is the saturation of color, it appears on the light side for me. There are darker, more vivid purple sapphires, and purple sapphires tend to be far less expensive than blue sapphires with the same saturation of color, so I think you could do some more research and find others.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, I was under the impression that Aggal likes the lighter purple colour because the darker, more saturated purples made it look like amethysts to her eyes.

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
I actually like lighter colored sapphires. They aren''t any less durable, are they? (I hope not) I really like the blue-green colored ones but I can''t seem to find any online. One''s like the studs at the top of this page. http://www.mineralminers.com/html/sgrjlry.stm are the color I''m talking about. I''ve read that green sapphires are less sought after and thus cheaper but what about the blue-green ones like in the link above? Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue sapphires are the most commonly sought after colours so they are more expensive. Also, those lighter in colour and saturation are also less expensive. It is very fortunate for you to like the less "desired" colours, so you will get what you like for a lot less.
9.gif

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
It looks like you like the teal colored sapphires. Try searching for "teal" sapphires. Pure green sapphires look more like an olive green. Sapphires (mineral corundum) are the same hardness/durability no matter what the color/saturation.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results