shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire or Aquamarine?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LeftKick

Rough_Rock
This is a ring that my wife has owned for awhile,and we aren''t sure what it is. I always thought it was an aquamarine,but I''m not sure now. I bought a cheap UV light at a yard sale to find "accidents" on the carpet the cat left,and my wife just happend to be wearing this ring. It glowed pinkish/orange. Didn''t expext that. Any ideas? It is stamped 14k, heart shaped center stone with 12 small diamonds surounding.

DCAO0042.JPG

LeftKick

Rough_Rock
Picture under UV light.

DCAO0044.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s just a big guess, but light synthetic blue spinel glows orange in UV light. It has the color too.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
We can only try to guess around here, but if you want to be sure, the only way is to find a gemologist nearby and asking him/her this question in person.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2010 1:20:19 PM
Author: ma re
We can only try to guess around here, but if you want to be sure, the only way is to find a gemologist nearby and asking him/her this question in person.
Ditto! And bring the ring along so he/she can inspect it under the microscope, check the R.I. and other simple tests.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results