shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire junkies....I have a question!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a blue sapphire. It is heated (its from thanex because I''m cheap like that) At any rate, the seller says its cornflower blue and it looks clean. Quizzed him about how clean and if it had a window. He said NO WINDOW, which I will hold him to. Personally I don''t want to have to send it back but considering this one was a little bit out of my normal spending comfort zone, I will if it looks like crap. I''m not up to spending cherrypicked.com kind of money just yet.

So is this color stone ok to bezel or should I have looked for something even lighter? Here''s the vendor pic. (I don''t have it yet but will be here any day...except today
39.gif
)

-A

arcsbluesapph.jpg

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have anything useful to say, beyond "nice colour", but I''d point out this which appeared as the second item on the google search, when looking for that vendor.

There seem to be various places with blue sapphires, so keep looking around, unless you particularly want beryillium diffused stones.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I could have warned you about Thanex on ebay, but pehaps because it's so inexpensive you might not care. The pictures look much better than the stones, most of them have huge windows, and he doesn't fully disclose Beryllium heating. He says "heated" but that usually means be-heated. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I HIGHLY advise to not buy sapphires on ebay unless it's a highly reputable seller that fully discloses treatment and has a cert from a reputable lab to back it up. The cert should indicate no signs of unscrupulous treatments, except gentle heat.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh really? That sucks! Thanks for telling me this.(you know that means its going right back!)

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alls I can say is I''m glad I used paypal!

well, the next question is, who IS trustworthy but not terribly expensive? I don''t want to spend a lot of money on a sapphire, I just want something thats decent. I didn''t spend a lot...not like my entire paycheck or anything, but certainly enough to post it here.

-A

icekid

Ideal_Rock
eek that was not a strong endorsement from TL. I hope you''ll still post what you think of the stone when it arrives, just out of curiosity.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2009 3:08:28 PM
Author: icekid
eek that was not a strong endorsement from TL. I hope you''ll still post what you think of the stone when it arrives, just out of curiosity.

Yeah, I''ll post it anyway, I think I should. BTW, thanks TL for that info because I asked him point blank if the stone was BE treated. No response yet but I''ll give him a couple of days.

According to GemSelect''s website, the lab paperwork will not show if the stone is treated (they use the same lab
39.gif
) Its just a basic identifier.

I''m just glad I didn''t plunk down a lot on it. but man that means I have to keep looking
39.gif
38.gif
36.gif
I wish my other rounds would work in this bezel
39.gif

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2009 3:22:13 PM
Author: Arcadian

Date: 5/17/2009 3:08:28 PM
Author: icekid

Yeah, I''ll post it anyway, I think I should. BTW, thanks TL for that info because I asked him point blank if the stone was BE treated. No response yet but I''ll give him a couple of days.

According to GemSelect''s website, the lab paperwork will not show if the stone is treated (they use the same lab
39.gif
) Its just a basic identifier.

I''m just glad I didn''t plunk down a lot on it. but man that means I have to keep looking
39.gif
38.gif
36.gif
I wish my other rounds would work in this bezel
39.gif

-A
Sorry again, I just do not trust sapphires on ebay, especially from Thanex. BE treated sapphires look just as beautiful as non-be treated ones, so if it looks good, then don''t be fooled into keeping it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry to hear it might be BE treated.
39.gif

Gary at www.diamondexpert.com has a few blue round sapphires but I don't know what's your budget. Other than him, I don't know any other reputable vendors who sell inexpensive sapphires.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks Chrono. the stone size isn''t big, about 6-6.5mm I''m only considering stones under 250.00. More than that and I''d break out in hives.

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
WHOOHOOO! you rawk Chrono! I''ve sent him a message so hopefully I''ll get something back good!

-A

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t actually got the stone yet (it should be being sent today), but aussiesapphire.com.au looks pretty good, and will be in budget with the Australian dollar being lower. They''ve got more blue than what''s on their site currently, so send them an email if they don''t have what you want.

Apart from that, I don''t really know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results